∆ FIVE ∆

We arrived back at the RV just as the sun was going down.

We were all still very shook up about the whole thing.

Glenn and Daryl explained the whole situation and what went down. Carol and Andrea went inside the RV and I stayed outside, perching myself up on top of a roof of a car.

The dying sunlight felt good on my skin, along with the gentle breeze that now blew through the air, causing my hair to whirl around me.

In a way this new world was surreal. So calm if you looked at it. Abandoned. No more pollution. No more busy streets and highways. No planes in the sky. It was quiet and filled with all the sounds of nature.

"We can't just leave! What if Sophia comes back and we aren't here?" Carol exclaimed in a full blown panic.

"Carol were scattered, the group is split, we're weak like this" Dale said , feeling sorry for her and her situation.

"She's right....if that little girl got back here and no one was here...imagine how abandoned she would feel" I said quietly, earning the eyes and ears of everyone "maybe someone should take T-Dog since he's injured....and the rest of us can stay through the night" I suggested, running a hand through my silky hair.

Daryl nodded his head "You got a point" he said to me "We'll leave tomorrow morning, and we will make a sign and leave her some supplies before heading out" he explained.

"I'm going to stay to" Glenn said

Dale shook his head "No, you take Carol's Cherokee and take T-Dog to that farm. He has a very very serious blood infection, and if he doesn't get antibiotics, then he's going to die" he said.

We all looked over at T-Dog who was huddled up in a blanket at the end of the RV. He seemed in rougher shape then before.

"Maybe I should go to, just as back up at n case anything goes wrong" I said.

"No, your stayin, I need ya here" Daryl said as he looked at me. We both shared a look and everyone seemed to notice it. But I didn't argue with him.

Daryl walked over to his Harley and started going through the side boxes, pulling out a big ziplock bag full of pills and crystal meth.

I had to bite back a grimace as he dug through the bag, pulling out a bottle and handing it to Dale.

Everyone spread to their own activities. Carol and Andrea went inside the RV while the men scavenged in the cars. Daryl sat perched on his bike, sharpening his knives and I pushed myself off of the good of the car and walked over to him.

I pulled out my knife and came in front of his bike again, handing it to him "You said it needed sharpened" I stated, a small grin on my face

He didn't bother looking at me "Ya always gotta find some way to pester the shit outta me" he said, taking the knife from me.

I rose an eyebrow "If you don't want me pestering you then maybe you should've let me go with Glenn and T-Dog" I said "just a thought"

He finally looked up at me from where he sat and scoffed "Get outta my face" he growled

I shrugged my shoulders and moved away from the bike, walking back to my spot "bring it back when your done with it will you" I said, perching myself back on the hood if the car.

I pulled my bag towards me and grabbed the journal from it and the small pen in the very bottom , opening it up. I heard him grumbling under his breath and it made me smile as I started to write about all of the event that have transpired.