∆SIX∆

The morning was a chilly one, fog seemed to linger in the air, making it harder to see anything. But it was a brisk 5:00 am , so maybe it would clear up by then.

Everyone was getting ready to go and I groaned as I rubbed my face from exhaustion. Sleeping was a bitch and a half last night.

I could understand Carol was hurting and why she cried, and I knew no one else could sleep because of the stress. And the god damned humidity was killing me.

Of all the places to be stuck in the Apocalypse it had to be Georgia.

I put on a pink tank top and some high waisted shorts, slipping my combat boots on and packing my bag up so I was ready in time.

"How did you sleep?" Carol asked me as she sat across from me.

I looked up at her from my position and faked a smile "Like the dead" I joked, lying through my teeth so she didn't feel bad.

She smiled softly and got up along with me, walking outside into the brisk morning weather. I shivered slightly as I walked up to  everyone else who stood around, prepared.

"Good morning" I said to everyone as I looked around and smiled, making eye contact with Daryl briefly.

I noticed he held the contact longer then he had been before. Hopefully he was more comfortable with me now. Trusted me more.

"Good morning" Dale said as he pulled out a protein bar from his bag and handed it to me "Eat this, today's quick breakfast" he said.

I smiled "Thank you Dale" I said, stuffing the bar in my pocket "so when do we leave?" I asked curiously, ready to start the day.

"We're goin now, imma lead on my bike" Daryl said as he fiddled with the gears on his bike

I stared at the Harley and then looked at him "I've never been on a Harley" I said, thinking about what it just feel like to have the wind whipping through your hair like that.

No one said anything at first and Daryl looked up again "let's load up and get goin" he said.

Everyone spread out in their different directions and I walked up to him, arms hugging myself "Can I ride with you?" I asked him, hoping the answer would be yes.

He looked up at me and his blue eyes seemed to be full of thought, deciding weather or not to say yes or no to me.

"You'll be cold with that on..." He said, gesturing to my whole outfit. He leaned over and dug around in the side bag and pulled out a poncho I had never seen before. He put it over my body and immediately I could smell him all over me.

The gesture made me blush a lot and I hoped it wasn't as noticable as it honestly felt. "Thank you" I said softly as I adjusted it on my shoulders "I'll make sure to give it back"

He shrugged his shoulders and swung his leg over the side, seating himself perfectly in place as he started the engine up. The motorcycle roared to life and it startled me momentarily before pure excitement pulsed through my veins. I quickly ran to the RV and threw my bag inside, keeping the pistol securely in the back of my pants, before running back over to Daryl and throwing my leg over the side, seating myself.

I kept distance between our bodies and didn't let my legs touch him.

He slowly turned his head in my direction and leans down with his arms and grabbed hold of my legs pulling me snug around his waist. I was taken aback by such abrupt force and I felt my cheeks heat up even more. His touch was warm on my thigh and I knew there was never going to be any way that I could forget how it felt. My inner thighs pressed against his outer, an the feeling of intimacy surrounded me. "You can't ride like that, it ain't secure, ya gotta hold yer thighs tight against mine" he said as he grabbed my arms and wrapped them around himself snugly at the waist.