∆FOURTEEN∆

The next morning I could feel nothing but comfort. I laid in strong arms, wrapped around me, holding me like I was his very lifeline. I stayed in those arms, even after the fire started crackling from Carol cooking, or people talking. I was right where I wanted to be . But reality hit. It always did.

Daryl sat up ubruptly and as he did, my eyes drifted over the scars that littered his entire back. I furrowed my eyebrows, and reached forward, touching his back. He flinched away from my touch momentarily before allowing me to do so.

"Hey" I said softly, my voice still full of sleep and gravel from the disuse.

He looked over his shoulder at me as he grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head "Mornin" he said gruffly. For someone who was always up so early in the morning, he sure wasn't a morning person "what time is it?" He asked me as he looked out the window of the tent.

I rolled over and grabbed a small pocket watch I had in my bag, pulling it out and squinting to look at the time "10" I said, slipping it back in my bag as I slowly sat up, rubbing my eyes. Daryl stood up and he grabbed his pants from the floor and slid them up, buckling his belt. He bent over, slipping his feet into his boots and tying them up tight.

I figured I should probably get ready myself. I hope Rick and Glenn were back. I grabbed some clothes from my bag and stood up, pulling them on with ease.

(Her outfit)

(Her outfit)

I brushed my hair out and fixed myself up a bit more before I sighed and looked over at Daryl. He picked up his crossbow and arrows and unzipped the tent. I couldn't help but watch the way he moved and did everything so perfectly.

A man like Daryl was born for this world. He thrived. Not in normal society . Out here he could be who he was. Put all of his skills to good use and actually be someone to the others. And they were starting to appreciate him more and more for everything he did for everyone.

He was selfless. He tried to be cold and hostile because he was afraid, but deep down, he cared more deeply then anyone else.

I loved that about him.

Daryl stepped out of the tent and I followed behind him. Everyone looked in our direction and Dale cracked a grin, along with Andrea and T-Dog.

I furrowed my brows together and walked over to the table where some bottles of water sat. I grabbed one and unscrewed the lid, taking a few gulps and sighing softly, feeling the breeze flow through my hair.

Andrea came to stand beside me and I looked over at her, crossing my arms slightly and raising an eyebrow.
She leaned over slightly to my ear "have fun last night?" She asked me.

I choked on the water in my mouth and coughed hard, gasping for a breath before setting the bottle down on the table. I looked over at her as she clutched her stomach laughing "Andrea what the hell" I said as I looked around.