My Boy • VI

To my surprise, Kento and I became friends quickly, loosening up around each other like nothing had ever happened. It's been almost two weeks since that night and we tried not to look at each other any differently, but I found it hard and I could tell he did too.

I usually spent the day with him (unless I was hanging out with Mel), since he didn't want to be around his dad, and I had no desire to be around my moma so we usually went into town or just stayed at the park talking.

"Boy can you stop moving, I'm trying to clean it," I snapped, concentrating on the bloody cut just under his knee.

"Well if you hadn't pushed me, nothing would've happened," he responded. His voice wasn't angry or even irritated for that matter and that confused me even more.

"Well...you...ugh!" I wasn't even going to try.

Then he had the nerve to laugh. Yes, Kento laughed at me. He'd been doing it a lot - not to mention smiling more - and I found that I liked this side of Him, the old Kento that I used to know.

So, I poured some more rubbing alcohol purposely on the gash and he hissed, narrowing his eyes at me. I just smiled sweetly at him, murmuring something about 'it slipping'.

"It slipped? Like hell it did!" He whispered painfully through a clenched jaw.

"Stop being a baby, Kenny." He threw another glare at me, which I secretly thought was really cute and continued bandaging him up. "See, good as new!"

"Remind me to return the favor of helping you with one of your cuts when the time comes," his smile was strangled and he got off the ground, offering me his hand. I took it, choosing to ignore the small spark that flew threw me; I had just gotten used to that I suppose.

"You threatening me now?" I asked, a hand coming to my hip, eyebrow rising.

He shrugged, "Maybe, maybe not."

I paused and watched as he started to walk away. "Hey, by the way, you owe me a Frappuccino Mr. I-lost-a-bet-to-a-girl."

A wave of dizziness overcame me and I stumbled a bit, causing Kento to look back at me, concern in his eyes, "Ray, are you okay?"

I waved him off, "Yeah, I'm...I'm fine."

He smiled, "Okay. How about that Frappuccino?"

I smiled and nodded, already forgetting about the dizziness.