My Boy • XXVI

Kento cleared his throat and I looked at him. He seemed a little embarrassed and I almost smiled. Kento was never the one to be uncomfortable; that had always been me.

"So, I guess we have to talk about this situation a little more," I said as a look of relief spread across Kento's face.

He nodded his head and slowly said, "Yes, I think we should."

I wiped off one of Lianna's toys and patted the couch, motioning for Kento to sit down. He did so with ease and my eyes flicked up to his, only to find him staring straight ahead away from me.

"What do you want to talk about first?" I asked him, because I sure as hell didn't know. What was one supposed to talk about when they were confronting the man who got them pregnant and didn't even know until a few days ago?

He sighed and I watched as he ran a long hand through his hair. He didn't speak for a while and in the meantime I found myself focusing on the familiar sound coming from Lianna's room, the sound of something being messed up.

"Personally, Ray, before we get anywhere, we need to talk about us," he finally said leaning back into the couch. My heart stopped for a beat, or it skipped one because I couldn't be sure.

"W-what," I cleared my throat, "What about us?" I folded my arms over my chest, something I did when I felt too...out there.

"Don't play that game, Raya," he said quietly.

"I'm not," I responded, just as softly. "I'm just asking you a question."

"No, you used that tone," he argued.

"What tone? I did not use any tone!" I snapped back.

He scowled at me...well actually the television, and said, "Yes, you di-...Forget it, we're getting no where." There was silence again as I composed myself, and Kento ran a hand through his hair once again. He sighed and turned to face me, scooting a little closer while I unconsciously shifted a little back. He raised an eyebrow in amusement but the flicker in his eyes quickly vanished, replaced by something serious. His voice was quiet when he spoke, "Look, Raya, I...I still have feelings for you. A lot actually; they never stopped, and I...want this to work. I really do." He stopped and looked somewhat embarrassed. I almost laughed but I was too emotional.

But in fact, I felt my eyes start to water up. I thought I loved him. I think I decided that the day I was giving birth to Lianna, but I didn't want to tell him that now.

I found myself fascinated with his hands and I almost blushed when I thought about what they could do, what they did do...that night.

"Raya," Kento said gently, snapping me out of whatever I had been in.

I looked up at him abruptly, startled for some reason. "I...I don't know w-what to say, Kento."

His eyes darkened and he leaned back a little. To my mortification my body moved forward a bit as if it was following him. If he noticed he didn't respond this time. "Say you like me back."

It sounded like such a childish remark if you really thought about it, but coming from Kento it didn't seem all that high schoolish. In fact it was almost arousing because he had said it so demandingly. I almost licked my lips but stopped myself.

But did I really want to tell him that I liked him back?

Hell yes.

"I like you, Kento," I told him, a sudden smirk appearing on my lips. Kento took a glance at them and I thought he was going to kiss me, but he thought better of it. Instead he graced me with the most beautiful smile that made my heart stop for a couple seconds.