Chapter 17: Spectrum of light

[Authors note: This chapter has been a few days in the making but I have wanted to write this for a long time. I wanted to show you that while these four couples are all different, they are all special in their own way. Just because someone is different to you, does not make them any less valid. Learn to appreciate those around you for what they are and embrace your differences. You are all special in your own beautifully unique ways and it is something to be proud of.

Happy Pride <3]

2 years later

"Are you sure you don't want any more?"

Jace smiled as he put his knife and fork to the plate. There we're only four of them at the table today and he was so stuffed that he could barely move.

"No, thank you Mrs Garroway, but I'm stuffed."

Jocelyn laughed, and she placed a hand on Jace's head before leaving the room. "Jocelyn, Jace."

"Sorry, um no thank you, Jocelyn."

Luke sat back in his chair and looked between Clary and her boyfriend. "Where does the time go? It's like yesterday that Clary was doodling on walls instead of notebooks."

Clary laughed in embarrassment as Jace smiled sideways at her. He thought to himself at how far they'd all come. Alec and Magnus, were in university, and himself and Clary were already in their final year at school. Izzy and Simon were staying on for two more years. As if reading his mind, Luke sat forward and spoke.

"Have you decided what you're going to be doing after school finishes?"

Jace sat forward and fiddled with the fork on his plate. He had an idea but until Maryse had agreed to let him go, he hadn't wanted to worry anyone.

"I've got a few things in mind, but I don't want to be away from Clary, so I'll have to think about it."

Clary nodded. "Same here. I've been looking at an organisation that does art projects with underprivileged kids." Jace put his hand to his chest, feeling slightly touched. The past two and a half years that they had been dating, they had both changed so much and now looked so different, but Clary was still the same inside. Sweet and beautiful and full of light.

After helping to clear the plates, Clary and Jace sat down on the comfy sofa in the living room. The phone rang in the next room and Jonathan raced past them to pick it up. Clary smiled as she heard her brother talking excitedly on the phone.

"It's really kind of your brother and Magnus to be taking Jonathan with them to Pride tomorrow. He hasn't stopped talking about it all week. Luke's going to take him to the airport in the morning and then drop them both off at your house."

"They said that they would love to. They haven't met Sebastian yet, but Magnus took French when he lived away so he's actually pretty good at it."

Clary looked over the room and kissed Jace softly. Luke thought it was hilarious to run between them with a ruler if he caught them kissing, so she tried to avoid giving him a reason to.

"What was that for?"

"No reason. Jonathan speaks French well now, so if everything works out, he's going to move out to Paris next year. I honestly can't see him waiting that long though."

Jace jumped back slightly, as Luke walked through the room. "Clary? If I was going to have a job that I needed to move around for, would you come with me? I know it's early to be making these decisions but it's just an idea."