one

zach woke up to the sound of his alarm at 8:15 am. he turned it off, still being tired and tried to go back to sleep.

though, his little sister, reese, came and jumped all over his bed, waking the boy up.

"reese!" he groaned, sitting up in his bed.

the young girl giggled, continuing to jump to make sure he was fully awake. she then stopped and sat on top of him saying things about school, walking, and jack.

"jack's here to walk with you to school, so mom told me to come and tell you to wake up." reese shrugged and giggled.

"shit." the boy mumbled. he got out of bed and got dressed quickly. he didn't care to do his hair that morning so the brunette just ran down the stairs.

when he got outside, he saw jack and apologized to him for being late.

"i'm sorry jack, my alarm went off but i didn't want to wake up so i went back to sleep and then," the boy started but was cut off when jack spoke instead.

"zach, calm down it's fine, it's not like we are going to be late or something."

zach took in the boys words, and calmed down, taking a deep breath. jack was zach's best friend since first grade.

(flashback)

it was the first day of first grade and i was so excited. the one thing i was scared about was making new friends. i had just moved to a new town somewhere in los angeles. my mom had walked me to the bus stop, when the bus got there she kissed me on the cheek and i walked on to the bus while waving goodbye. i got to the middle of the bus and i was looking for a seat but, they were all taken because everyone was with there friends. i continued to walk down the bus when i saw a kid in a seat all alone. "can I sit there please?" i asked. he just nodded his head so i sat down. he was wearing a black hoodie, basketball shorts, nike socks and slides. later we got school and walked off the bus. the kid i sat next to on the bus was right behind me so when i walked into school i asked him a question. "do you need anything or help?" he responded with "no- I just want to be your friend." i smiled widely at the thought of having a new friend, i was super excited so i said sure.

(at the end of the day)

we ended up having the same teacher so i invited him over after school and he said yes. we went to my house and as soon as we got there my mom had a snack layed out for me on the kitchen table. me and him shared the snack in silence until i spoke up. "so- i never got your name, what is it? i'm zach by the way." he looked up at me and quietly said a name. "jack" he whispered "oh- so what do you want to do?" i asked him. he just shrugged his shoulders so i took him to my room and we layed in my bed. i was silence until i turned on the t.v. the show phineas and ferb came on and he smiled widely. i giggled at how pretty his smile was and we watched shows and ate snacks. my mom came in about and hour later and i introduced her to Jack because he was very shy, as i've learned, but she let him stay the night. we fell asleep just like that. everyday after that me and jack walked home together and to school for the rest of our lives.

(flashback over)

he never understood though, they were juniors in highschool and zach was always on the shy side. they both had there friends, jack's mainly being corbyn and jonah; and zach's being daniel.

the two boys were walking in silence, with zach on his phone; when the younger felt eyes on him.

he soon looked up to find jack staring at him. "what? is there something on me?" the younger questioned.

jack just giggled and said "that outfit looks really good on you. " He smiled softly.

zach blushed, but looked and said "what's so good about this, ripped jeans, a black and white striped tee shirt and vans?"

"i don't know it just looks great on you" he smiled. zach blushed once again, keeping his eyes away from the older. zach had, had a crush on jack. though, jack didn't know his best friend was gay. and zach planned to keep it like that.

they finally got there as jack hugged the boy saying goodbye, and going off to jonah and corbyn. zach then went off to his locker, metting with his friend daniel.

"hey you." daniel said as zach made his way to the locker' set. "hey." zach said back.

"so.... how are things?" daniel questioned the younger quietly.

zach had known what daniel was talking about, but acted as if he didn't know to get out of the conversation.

"what?" zach said, his acting skills coming into play.

"You know exactly what I am talking about" The tall, brunette boy whispered.

daniel was also gay, and very open about it. he was very supportive of the younger, though zach was still shy about it.

"you know he is straight and we are besties so, if i tell him, we will never have that friendship again." zach explained a frown coming onto his face. he loved jack and couldn't think about losing him the older.

jack had been with corbyn and jonah by there lockers, as they had a conversation before the bell rang.

"your friend zach are a really cute-" corbyn started but jack cut him off. he couldn't have his cover blown. jack was gay but didn't want anyone to know, it would ruin his life.

some people may have been supportive, but in reality; he knew things would go down the drain.

both of jack's friends rolled there eyes at the shorter. they knew he wasn't completely staright. he rarely dated girls.

"what was that for?" jack questioned his friends. "it's nothing." jonah responded.

"but-" jack tried to agrue, but the bell rang. both his friends leaving him alone.

he thought about going to the library it being his free period, and meet zach there knowing the boy would be there.

he walked to the library, finding the boy he was looking for at a table, alone. so the curly-headed walked to the table sitting down with the boy.

------
[

edited: december 20th, 2019]