eighteen (unedited)

Zach's P.O.V
I was honestly a bit to happy about the whole, me and Jack for giving each other situation. It was nice having my best friend back.

It was currently the end of the day and I was walking with Jack back to his house. We weren't really talking, more just listening to the sounds of the outdoors.

After what felt like a short walk, but was really a 15 minute one, we arrived at his house. He walked up to the door and unlocked it using a key he pulled out of his pocket.

Jack opened the door being greeted by Syndie in the kitchen and Ava on the couch.

"Omg, hey Zach!! I haven't seen you in forever!" Syndie giggled pulling me in for a hug, which I glady accpeted. Syndie was always my favorite sister.

We pulled away from the hug and I smiled at her, "Yea, me and Jack... Um- well?" I tried to figure out a way to say what happened without blaming Jack or spilling our secrets.

No one else knows about my incident in 8th grade besides Jack- and now Daniel. Syndie looked at me confused while I tried come up with an answer.

"It's whatever, forget it," Jack mumbled. We stood in awkward silence, before hearing a very familiar voice. "Jacky!!".

I smiled at the young 8 year old before me, running towards Jack. Isla was so cute with Jack, I wonder what a family would be like with Jack. I pushed the thoughts in my head aside.

"Hey baby, how was your day at school?" Jack cooed at her. "It was great, a new girl came and I became her friend!" Isla smiled.

They had a small conversation before Isla came over to me hugging me. I hugged her back of course, letting a small smile appear on my lips.

"Can Reese come over? Please?" Isla whispered in my ear. I set her down and kneeled down. "How about be and Jack take you over there, I'm sure Jacky can make an exception for that. Right Jack?" I whispered loud enough for Jack to hear.

He nodded his head before sticking his hand out for Isla to take. She happily took it, giggling softly as Jack led her to the garage.

I followed behind them walking into the garage to be faced with Jack's motorcycle. Isla put on a small helmet and so did Jack, his being black and bigger, and sat on the motorcycle with Isla infornt of him.

I took a deep breath, sighing softly before grabbing a spare helmet and sitting behind Jack, with my hands around his waist. The garaage was already open, so we slowly pulled out on to the driveway.

"Are you going to be alright this time?" Jack asked me, I looked at him flustered since he remebers how scared I was the first time. But, after all, this time it was only going to be about 5 minutes since I lived so close to Jack.

I nodded my head, giving him a soft, reassuring smile. He smiled back at me before turning his attention back to the front of the bike.

We were on our way towards my house, arriving there quickly having Isla and Jack talking about Isla's life the whole time. When we got there, we all walked up to the door, me knocking.

My mother answered smiling brightly, "Hi Zach, Jack, and my favorite little angel," she smiled crouching down to Isla. "Do you need something honey?" She directed her attention to me. "Do you mind if Isla spends the night here? She wanted to hang out with Reese." I asked, while Isla nodded her head in agreement.

Myta smiled and nooded her head your yes, "My little angel is always welcome over here," She giggled at Isla. Isla happily went inside to play with Reese, and I stayed to say bye to my mom.