two

jack walked over to zach at the table and sat by him. zach didn't look up from his phone so, jack didn't think the boy knew he was there.

jack cleared his throat, attempting to get the attention of the younger. his attempt seemed to work, because it resulted in the boy squealing.

"jack! why would you do that!" zach lectured his friend. "that freaked me out! don't do that again!" zach said once more.

"i just wanted to make sure you knew i was here." jack chuckled lightly. "but, i'm bored so i came here, because knowing you would be here." jack explained.

zach sighed shrugging his shoulders, before asking if they could compare schedules. the two pulled out there schedules skimming over them, and coincidently; seeing they had every class together.

when the two figured that out, they held smiles on there faces. having classes with your best friend; couldn't be better.

jack was admiring the boys smile, but when he looked at the time; he saw that the bell was about to ring, so he started packing up.

"let's walk to next period together." zach said.

"ok, but for lunch can we eat by the tree outside. i don't really want to sit by jonah and corbyn today."

"um sure, but why don't you want to sit with them? you always sit with them at lunch." zach questioned his friend shyly, shrugging his shoulders.

"it's nothing. besides, i want to sit with my best friend." jack and zach giggled, walking out of the library as the bell rang.

£

jack and zach were now walking into science class. on the board it had read to find a desk and prepare for a "first day of school lab".

zach and jack sat at two desks near each other, talking about random things, waiting for the late bell to ring, and for the teacher to come inside.

the late bell had finally rung, causing mrs. delamonica to walk into the class; making all students quiet down and put their attention on her.

"ok class, today we are going to be doing a lab to review the heat transfers and how they connect to the periodic table and create the reactions in chemistry. first, i need you to get a blue and red pen from the bucket, a piece of printer paper, and grab a periodic table; over by the front table. now, go and when you are done sit back at your desk. quickly, please."

the two got up to get there stuff; grabbing pens and printer paper. but, when they went to grab the perodic table, the two boys coincidently, grabbed it at the same time causing jack's hand to lightly lay over zach's.

"go ahead, you can get it." jack said never removing his hand. zach blushed proficeintly, grabbing his stuff, and speed walking back to his desk.

once everyone was seated, the teacher told the kids to pick a partner and sit with them at a lab station. jack was zach's only friend in the class so, zach hoped, and assumed, they would work together.

"do you want to work toge-" jack started to ask zach but, was dragged away by his ex-girlfriend, gabbie.

jack and gabbie dated last year for 3 months and then jack mysteriously broke up with her.

after witnessing that, zach decided he could work by himself for the lab. he was an introvert and everyone else had a partner, so, it left him no better option.

"what the fuck do you want gabbie?!" jack whisper yelled, at his ex as he was forced to sit at the lab table with her.

"we're going to work together. because, i know you still in love with me; i just have to show you. knock some sense into you." she said, in a seductive voice touching his upper thigh, near the middle of his jeans.

jack smacked her hand and looked away. he didn't like gabbie and didn't want to be bothered by her. though, his actions did not stop her.

"jacky, stop being stubborn. i know you want me..." she said, again trying to find a soft spot in jack. but, it just caused jack to move his chair to the other side, not listening to her. he was already annoyed.

jack looked at his best friend miserably as gabbie continued to harrass him. zach was lonely and wished he could have been with Jack, but the two avoided it and delt with what they had. they didn't have much of a chocie.

the bell rang causing jack to practically sprint to lunch. he was running down the halls when jonah stopped me.

"hey, i just wanted to let you know that basketball tryouts are in 3 days." Jonah said, expecting a response about how the boy would want to try out.

"ok-" jack stated plainly. "bye." jack ended, starting to walk again, though being pulled back by jonah.

"woah, slow down buddy. what's the rush?" jonah questioned his friend.

"i just want to get zach for lunch, so can you please let me go." jack whined, wanting Jonah to let him go. though he and zach had the last period together, he wanted to get there before.

"oh, someone has a crush" jonah gushed at his friend, noticing his intrest in getting to lunch with zach.

"no, I don't just- like ju- don't even- stop- i'm not even gay." jack huffed, not only confusing jonah, but himself aswell.

so, before jonah could add on, he let out a frustrating groan; turning and walking the other way to meet up with the younger for lunch.

------
[edited: january 1st, 2020 ]