Chapter eight

"Hey Mon!" (Y/n) chirped cheerfully.

Monica glared at her, her nose a bright pink. Chandler walked out of the bedroom and greeted his sister with a smile and a hello. 

"I made some chicken soup. It's really good for colds." (Y/n) said timidly, trying to avoid Monica's eyes. 

"I'm not sick!" She tried to shout but it came out as more of a croak. 

"If you say so. I'll just leave it here. Bye Chandler!" She called as she quickly placed the pan of soup on the side and hurried out of the apartment.

She headed back to her own apartment. Joey was working in the cafe and it was her day off so she decided to stay at home and relax. She was only a couple of doors down from Monica and Chandler. Every now and then (Y/n) could faintly hear the sound of Monica still trying to convince Chandler that she wasn't ill. 

Later that day, Rachel came knocking at her door. 

"I can't  believe it! They've shut the drapes!" She said as she marched in. 

"Um hi? And who's they?" (Y/n) asked, confused.

"Ross and my sister, Jill!" She cried throwing her hands in the air. 

Rachel stayed for a few minutes before deciding to go home. (Y/n) opened the door for her as she began muttering to herself about Jill and Ross again. 

"Bye." (Y/n) said quietly before closing the door. 

The next day, (y/n) decided to go to the cafe and see Joey. 

"Hey!" He greeted her cheerfully and pecked her cheek. Joey pulled out a chair for her and went to get her usual. 

"Happy birthday to you!" Joey began to sing. 

"Joey, it's not my..."

"Shush! Happy birthday to (y/n)!" He continued slightly louder this time and then he placed a muffin in front of her and a (insert drink). 

Gunther walked up to the table. "Joey, your banned from giving out free birthday muffins." He said before walking away. 

(Y/n) giggled at Joey's face. "Joe how many have you given out?" She asked trying to be stern.

"Only about..." he stopped to count. "Eighteen to the female customers. Or was it twenty one?"

(Y/n) rolled her eyes at him and gave him the money for the drink and muffin. Joey finished the last ten minutes of his shift and then came over to sit with her. 

"Can I ask you a question? Do you know about Phoebe's other job?" Joey asked suddenly. 

"Other job?" (Y/n) questioned. Joey leaned over to her and whispered into her ear. 

"She's a porn star!" He hissed. 

"Phoebe's a what?" (Y/n) cried out. She blushed and apologised to the people around her. "How do you know?" 

"This guy told me. She came in earlier and he said he was her biggest fan. Even Gunther said she is." 

(Y/n) downed her drink. "We are going to investigate!" (Y/n) said getting up and marching out of the cafe, Joey hurrying behind her. 

When they got to the store, Ross was stood looking to buy one of the videos.

"Hey Ross!" (Y/n) called. 

"Aaah! H...hey guys. I...I'm er I'm... you did NOT see me in here!" He stuttered, his face red. 

"Dude, it's fine. Chill. We're looking for a film with Phoebe in it." Joey went on to explain everything to Ross whilst (y/n) looked for one of Phoebe's films. 

The three of them headed back to Monica and Chandler's. They were still trying to make Chandler cry. 

"Did you get a film?" Monica asked when they walked in. 

"Sort of. Not sure if it will be one you'll like." Joey said awkwardly.

Everyone gasped when they found out the news. Joey and (y/n) sat at the table and refused to watch it. Although she wanted to find one of her films , (y/n) didn't want to watch it. Phoebe was their friend. Buffay the Vampire Layer? It sounded terrible anyway. Rachel pointed out the tattoo on her ankle and everyone realised it was actually Ursula. Joey jumped up and turned his chair around. 

"Go back! I want to see that bit!" He cried. (Y/n) shook her head before sitting next to him. This was very weird.

Phoebe came walking into the apartment. 

"Oh my god what am I doing?" She yelled. (Y/n) quickly explained it was Ursula and she headed to Ursula's apartment to sort it out. 

"I can't believe Ursula would do such a thing. I mean, if Chandler was my twin sister, I'd never do something like that to him." (Y/n) said as she cuddled Joey on her couch that evening. 

"Yeah, but taking her payments is a smart idea. That might teach her not to do it again." Joey replied. (Y/n) hummed in agreement. "Oh! I almost forgot!" Joey jumped up and ran to his apartment. He came back in and sat back down next to her. " I got your free muffin. For the the prettiest lady in New York." He said affectionately. (Y/n) looked at the slightly squished (favourite flavour) muffin. 

"Thanks Joe. That was sweet of you." She smiled and gave him a small kiss on the lips. "We can share it." She said breaking it in half. 

"Gunther was watching me like a hawk. I had to be very careful getting that for you." Joey explained. (Y/n) chuckled at him softly. He made it sound like he had been on a daring quest. 

The distant sound of Monica telling Chandler to stop crying made them laugh. 

"I think we've broken my brother."