Wait For Me

ALEX POV
     I open my eyes, ignoring all the pain. I look at Maggie who is sleeping in the chair next to me. "Maggie?" No response. I kick her leg and she jolts awake and falls over. I can't help but laugh. "That wasn't funny." She says when she gets up. "It so was, but that is not our biggest concern right now." She looks down and slowly nods. "Tell me she is okay. I just need to know." I tell her while trying not to cry. "It's going to be okay. I promise." She tells me while sitting down in front of me. "It will be when I see that she is okay. Just tell me what happened. I can handle it." She nods and gets up.

     "She told me to take you and get some help. I thought she would be okay. Lena stayed to help her. I should have stayed." She says while tears run down her face. "It's alright. Don't cry. Come here." She lays down next to me and I wipe her tears away. "Calm down and tell me what happened." I tell her. She nods a d takes some deep breaths. "After I brought you here. I went back and I found Kara and Lena. They were both nearly dead. Both shot and bleeding. I did what I could, but I don't think it was enough. I brought them here as fast as I could. They won't tell me if they are even alive. Alex I'm so sorry." She tells me.

     "It's not your fault. I know they are going to be okay. They are both way to stubborn to die and give Lillian the satisfaction." I tell her and we both laugh. "Now let's go get some answers." She nods and helps me up. We walk around trying to find anything about Lena and Kara. We are about to head back when I look through a window and see Lena sitting in a chair with her eyes closed. "Do you see Kara?" I ask Maggie and she shakes her head.

     I open the door and slowly walk toward Lena, who still has her eyes closed. "Lena?" I gently ask. She slowly opens her eyes and they widen when she sees me. Her eyes water and I pull her into a hug. "Where is she?" I ask her when she lets go. "They told me to wait in here and they would tell me if anything happened." She says and sits back down. She whispers something, but I can't tell what. "What?" "She asked me to marry her." She says while looking down.

     "I know you guys are going to get married one day and have a happy life together." I tell her. She looks up at me and nods slowly. "She said she would've been happy as long as we died or lived together. If she dies, I die as well. There is no life without her." She tells me. "You can't think like that. You have to picture the future you will have with her." She opens her mouth to say something, but a doctor walks through the door.

     "She told me to give you this." The doctor says and hands Lena an envelope and walks out. This can't be the end. She hands me the envelope and begins shaking her head. "Read it. I just can't." She tells me in a shaky voice. I nod and open it.

     "Lena I know you may think that me asking to marry you was just in the moment, but I have been thinking about it for awhile now. I still want to marry yoi, but you may have to wait a bit. I can't marry you with Lillian still out there. This isn't a goodbye, it's just a see you when I get back. I do promise you I will come back. When I do we can get married and start the next chapter in our long life together. Just wait for me. I love you. I hope you like the ring." I look in the envelope and see a ring.
     I look at Lena who has tears streaming down her face. I kneel down in front of her. "My sister wanted tou to have this." I say and place the ring in her hand. She closes her eyes and puts it on. "What is she never comes back. What makes this time any different from the other times she tried to defeat Lillian?" "This time is different is because she is doing it for you and all the pain and suffering Lillian has caused the both of you."

     "I don't care about Lillian. I just want her here with me. I just want to gwt married and be happy." She tells me. "You will, you just have to wait until she gets back." I tell her and she nods. "If she's not back in a week. I will drag her back here. I promise." I tell her. She shakes her head. "We both will." She tells me with a smile.