WhAt KiLlEd ThE CaT?

...cause you don't know the secrets people hide. And sometimes that's for the best...

[mild warning, nothing too graphic]

01: 49

The moment the cab left from the neighborhood, Taehyung started walking. He thanked God that the stranger believed that this was his house. He was too embarassed to show where he actually lived.

From the moment he started working, Taehyung kept repeating to himself:

''GET A CAR''.

Well, he first had to pay his mother's hospital bills, the rent of his own fucking house and his daily needs. Food, water, shampoo, insomnia pills, therapy with doctor Seokjin. He was really thankful that the young doctor sometimes decided not to charge him. Taehyung though thought of it as exploitation so, even if he didn't have enough money, he always paid Seokjin back.

He unlocked his house door and walked in. He took off his cardigan and instantly threw it in the laundry basket. He took the red, first aid kit out of a cupboard and a needle. He was certain that the cut in his left palm, was in serious need of stitches. Well, who has the time and the money for hospitals anyway? He took of his polo shirt and threw it away when he saw how torn the fabric was. He sat on his sofa and grabbed the needle with his right  hand. Such a shame he was left handed.

He cleaned the wound and started piercing the needle through his skin, biting his bottom lip to silence his sobs. He continued the procedure slowly, but painfully, until he was satisfied with the outcome. He checked his voicemail afterwards.

''Hi, honey is me. I have been waiting for you all afternoon, but you decided not to show up. It's okay. I bet you were working again. Are you sleeping? What does doctor Seokjin say? I have finished my chemotherapy for today and doctor Lee is holding the phone so I can speak to you. I miss you my son. Sleep and don't overwork yourself. I will be waiting for you. Love you my little strawberry''.

''How many times do I have to tell her not to call me like that? I am twenty three!''.

He promised to visit her but for the first time after three exhausting, sleepless nights, he slept on his sofa, until his alarm clock woke him up.

He removed his pants and got the water running. He was about to fully undress himself when he understood that his mother's necklace was missing from his neck.