II.

LIAM POV

I just finished going over the plan with everyone. "How do we know this will work?" Mrs. Johnson questioned.

"The only way to find out is if we try." I mentioned. Rose has been gone for an hour now. Her absence just made little sense to me. Suddenly an unknown number popped up on my phone.

"Hello?"

"Liam, it's me."

"What da fuck Rose, where are you?"

"I'm safe. I don't have long to talk. Just know I love you, tell everyone I'm safe."

"Wait, Rose. I don't understand, why did you leave with Troy?"

"I can't say just know I did this to protect you all. I got to go. I love you Liam."

"No, Rose wa..."

And just like that, she was taken away from me again. I turned around to multiple glares to the face. "Well, are you going to mention to us what she said?" Ricky spoke first.

"She didn't say much, just to tell you all she was safe, and she did this to protect us all. It's all confusing. I wanted to talk more, but she hung up." I admitted.

"Don't worry guys, let's just stick to the plan. Come on, let's go back in the living room and wait for her to call again." Mr. M reassured us. He seems lost himself, but I knew he was trying to be the backbone for all of us.

Everyone was in their zones waiting for a sign of Rose. Dr. Poca came and I went over the phone call I had with Rose. After the interrogation, I sat backward in a black leather love seat looking at the ring I plan to give to my girl. I feel like I just got her back and now I don't know if I'll ever see her again. That familiar feeling rose inside me. I was passed worried, I felt numb now. I got up going into Rose's bedroom. It smelled like her. I got into her queen bed and drifted off to sleep in her scent.

-----

I was awoken from the sounds of Ricky's cry. I looked at my phone to see if I had any signs of Rose. "Nothing." I spoke out loud. The time read 6:48 p.m. She's been gone for 5 hours now. I got up from the bed deciding to follow Ricky's voice.

"I just don't understand, He was supposed to be my best friend. It was hard losing Danny and then I lost Troy. I'm glad Liam came back into my life before all of this went down, though. I would've been going crazy. Anyway, I miss you, Trinity. I wish you were still here with me. We shouldn't have split up that day. It's my fault for telling you to run while I left to go for Rose. When I should've been protecting you. Man Trin, baby, why did you leave me?" Ricky cried, I stood from afar as I watched him break down holding a picture of Trinity.

"How long has he been talking to her like this?" I wondered. Not wanting him to cry by himself any longer, I walked into the room. Ricky looked up towards me as he tried to hide the picture he was just looking at. I said nothing, I just sat there pulling out a blunt from my pocket. I lit it up and passed it.

"Are you okay Ric?" I questioned.

"You heard that, huh?" Ricky whispered. I nodded as I inhaled, trying not to cry myself, then passed it.

"Rose may not be dead however I understand the feeling you have. When you two left my life at 13, I was so lost. I didn't want new friends, I wanted to know why no one stayed in contact with me. I felt played, replaced by my two best friends. I got over it eventually and hung out with a couple of people but it wasn't the same. Remember the day you two found out you were moving? I was going to ask Rose to be my girl. Then y'all told me the news and I didn't bother in asking her." I laughed a little reminiscing on the memory. "I was hurt but I knew we all would meet up one day and without even realizing it we ran into each other in Colorado. I felt so blessed that day. The girl I fell in love with was right in front of me and my best friend who knew me like no one else was there too." I confessed.