02

"How much is here?" Willow questioned while waving a fork at the money on the table.

"Enough to keep us going."

"I'm taking that as a lot then."

"Yes," Jonathan scooped the money up and put it in the envelope again. "A lot."

"So," Willow said simply, he looked up at her while taking to eating some of the food in front of him. "We don't need to do any seedy work for a while then?"

"Need I remind you they got in contact with us?"

"I don't like that."

"No, nor do I." Jonathan frowned. "How? I mean, no offence Willow, but to them you're a nobody."

"None taken, and you're a somebody?"

"Indeed I am." Jonathan sighed. "My point, how did they manage to get in contact with us? No one knows I'm alive."

"Apart from Thomas."

"That sly..." Jonathan trailed off, Willow raised an eyebrow at him. It seemed he was deliberating with himself whether to have a full blown rant about the former surgeon or not. He decided not to, so he stayed in silence eating.

"He must have thought we couldn't survive on my measly income."

Jonathan choked on his food almost and looked at her. "You make it seem like he's looking out for us. That's ridiculous. That man only looks out for himself."

"And Pippa."

"Hah," Jonathan said dryly while looking at Willow with half narrowed eyes. "Yeah."

"Whatever!" Willow exclaimed and continued to eat. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Why did they ask you, us, mainly you, to go after Mr Spencer?"

"Because other people are messy, and loud."

"We're silent, like ninjas."

Jonathan raised an eyebrow at her. Willow looked proud with her words. "I don't have the heart to tell you otherwise."

"Yes! I'm a ninja! I always wanted to be a ninja. But I have to admit I wanted to be an actress first, working in museums was a close second."

"Willow, you got off topic."

"Sorry." She looked down at the table and then flicked her eyes up to him. "So...we're silent, like ninjas. So, that's why they asked us?"

"If I were the mob, I would not want someone trying to find Mr Spencer who happened to leave a large path of destruction behind them." Jonathan paused. "And also, were likely to kill Mr Spencer in the process." Willow nodded slowly and leaned her head in her hand.

"We don't warrant attention too."

"Exactly."

"We don't leave a trace."

Jonathan narrowed his eyes. "Get over the ninja thing Willow, it's getting annoying now."

"Ninja, ninja, ninja." She whispered to herself and nodded. "I'm over it."

"Sure?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Positive." Willow stood up and took their plates to the kitchen. "What do we do now though?"

Jonathan stood up slowly from the chair and walked towards the kitchen. Willow scrapped the scraps into the bin and put the plates into the sink. Turning and looking at him she waited to see if he was going to speak.