Epilogue

"It has been recorded that there were several types of spears which were used about this time. The first was similar to a javelin, this would have been light and easy to throw. Manuscripts-"

"What's a manuscript?"

"Its pictures and words." Willow smiled. Pointing over her shoulder she pointed back to the weapon she was talking about. "Pictures and words," she gave a wink to the child who had voiced his question, he grinned. "Have shown that some warriors were able to hold a small number of spears in their shield hand. Three was probably the limit, but they'd hold a weapon in their weapon hand too. Most of these were probably used to throw at opposing sides, whilst the last weapon would be used for hand to hand combat."

"Sick," numerous little voices spoke.

"In early Anglo-Saxon times some Germanic warriors used a special type of javelin known as an 'angon'. Its design was topped off by a barbed head. When thrown this could get stuck in a shield, because of its barbed head it would get stuck and it would be extremely hard to get out. Thus making the shield useless."

"Then you can get in there and slash!"
"I personally couldn't," Willow crouched down. "Nor could you," she stood back up. "You're too small to be a warrior just yet, Cody." The small boy huffed and suffered quiet chuckles from his classmates. "Come on, better go find Mrs Stone."

"Do we have to go back to school?"

"I felt the same when I was your age," Willow found the teacher and waved goodbye to the young children. It had been seven years, she had been working as a tour guide for school trips for seven years, and so far she wasn't bored of it.

Walking backwards she turned and shuffled off to collect her things. That was the good thing about being a guide. She had allotted times, and that was it for the day. It was easy, and usually enjoyable, and the children tended to listen. Especially the boys if you got really graphic with gory details, much to some of the girl's displeasure. Another good thing about working in the museum, it was close to home. After a ten minute walk or so she was home. Opening the door she was greeted by Hannibal, the dog was no longer the excitable puppy he once was, but he still bounded up to her happily.

"Hey there, buddy," Willow shut the door and crouched down. Pinching his cheeks and ruffling his fur she buried her head in the soft shoulder. "My little muffin, how are you?" Hannibal snuffled, "Bit like that hm?" Hannibal nodded.

"She's talking to the dog."

"She always talks to the dog."

"I always talk to you two too, why aren't you at school? Seriously, don't even think about lying, any lie you tell I've most likely have told too." Willow stood up and looked to the two children on the stairs.

Xavier stood cross armed whereas Tabitha sat leaning her chin against her knees. Both the twins stared at her, Tabitha with her greeny blue eyes, and Xavier with his icy blue eyes. "Aliens."

"Let me guess," Willow answered Xavier, he was by far the chattier of the two. "Aliens came and abducted your teacher?"

"Yeah," Xavier seemed pleased by his answer and his lie.

"Seriously? You know," Willow walked up the stairs. Tabitha stood up beside her brother, whereas Xavier went up a step to try and be higher than his mother. "I may look slightly stupid, but I'm not. Aliens don't exist, Xavier. Can you please go back to school?"

"We got sent home." Tabitha said, being the sudden voice of reason.

"Why?" Willow put her arms around her children and nudged them downstairs. Sitting them down on the sofa she stood in front of them.