11

Thomas Elliot wasn't an opportunist by trade. By when the moment was there, who was he to deny it?

"He's crawling."

"Well aware."

"And?"

"And nothing, he's a man, a crippled man, crawling." Thomas shot Pippa a look before frowning at the crawling man. "Although why he's crawling down this part of the city interests me."

"He's more...slouching now, oh." Pippa paused. "He fell over."

"Broken leg." Thomas stated. The two of them were standing outside their current residence.

Pippa was sitting cross legged and looking most bored, while he was standing cross armed and looking at the man interestedly. "What the hell is a man doing, slouching around in the alleyways, with a broken leg?"

Thomas frowned and shot her a look. "Why do most people slouch around the alleyways?"

"Because they're drunk?"

Thomas ran a hand down his face. "Forget it." Pulling out his gun he aimed it at the man.

"You're not aiming for the head?"

"Nope, that could come in handy, if you get my meaning." Thomas smirked and pulled the trigger. The poor man screamed when the bullet collided and impacted with his other knee.

"You kneecapped him."

"Yes." Thomas said proudly. "I did." Strolling over he kicked the man on his back and frowned. "You're kidding?"

"What is it?" Pippa jumped down from her perch and ran over. "Did Willow have a sex change?"

Thomas looked at her bluntly. "Where did you buy your brain from? I think you may need a refund. Idiot, it isn't her, it's clearly some sort of relation. Brother, perhaps. Now then, why are you shuffling around with a broken leg-"

"And a missing kneecap." Pippa chimed.

"In these parts of the city?"

"I need help." The man wheezed out.

"Oh, he won't help you." Pippa pointed at Thomas and ducked away from a hit.

"Help?" Thomas smiled. "What sort of help?" Pippa frowned, she didn't quite like this. If Thomas was interested then all that would come out of it was trouble. A lot of trouble. The man at their feet wheezed and flinched. "Oh," Thomas smiled. "Oh well, I don't tend to get involved with people who have been in contact with Jonathan." Thomas rubbed his hands together. "You're on your own."

"It's not him," the man wheezed. "It's her."

"Oh!" Thomas exclaimed and seemed actually slightly happy. "I don't like her too, she's annoying." Pippa narrowed her eyes at him. "She's annoying."

"You're not helping her brother."

"Yes I am."

"No, you're really not." Pippa said and suffered having a gun aimed at her head. "All right perhaps you are." Thomas gritted his teeth and commenced dragging the man into the building behind them. A thin trail of blood was getting left behind from his gunshot wound.

"What happened?" Pippa questioned and flinched when Thomas threw the man up onto a metal stretcher.

"They killed my family." The man twitched some more.

"I'm surprised you're still alive. But then considering Miss Butler's resilience it doesn't shock me. So what, I'm just going to patch you up for free, and let you go get revenge on your sister?" Thomas shoved his hands in his pockets. "Oh no, I do this, you're giving me something in return."

"That sounds very perverse, Tommy."

Thomas narrowed his eyes at Pippa. "Get out."

"But-"

"Leave, I have work to do."

----

Willow looked bluntly at the television screen. "Wait...two?" She tilted her head to the side and held up two fingers. Jolting, she screamed and Jonathan walked casually into the sitting room.

"You screamed?"

"Two!"

"Comes after one and before..." Jonathan smirked and rolled his shirt sleeves back up, he turned to go back to his work but Willow's voice stopped him.

"Only my mother and father died! Dominic survived! Where is that annoying idiot?!"

Jonathan frowned and looked at her. "He's alive?"

"Uh-huh."

"Oh, three people." He said almost bitterly. "Three is too many. Why, why does your brother's mind have to be like yours? He survived and escaped the hospital. Yet it seems he's avoided the police. Perhaps he's had a past with them, hm?"

"Jonathan, I will freely let you test on Dominic, I don't care, but he's still out there! I don't like this." Willow frowned. "What if he does go to the police?"

"What proof is there that we killed them?" Jonathan questioned and walked over to sit by her side. "The toxins I used are near undetectable. Toxicology won't find it when they conduct postmortems. The security tape of us entering the building, I burned. It'll be his word against yours." Willow frowned. "I'd love to try and repeat the process though." Jonathan smiled, Willow rolled her eyes. "Not only that, can we please keep in mind that they'll be no obvious connections?"

"Not unless someone delves into the fact that I'm adopted."

"You're worrying over nothing, come on, come help me finish these toxins."

"All right." Willow sighed.

"Well if you're going to seem so dejected then you can stay here and mope." Jonathan stood up and straightened his trousers out.

"I won't be dejected! Can I come help, please?"

"Sure, come on." Willow clapped her hands together happily and jumped up and ran past him towards the work room. "Don't go in there, you'll need a mask." Jonathan said while walking quickly after her.

While waiting for a mask to be handed back out to her, Willow looked back into the sitting room. The news report was still on. Of course the suspicious death of a patient and a visitor were going to make the news. Perhaps the visitor more than the patient. Did Willow feel anything? No. She regarded the report coolly, she didn't care. Those people subjected her to neglect on a whole other level. It only seemed like simple logic to her that the only way they could apologise, and she'd accept it, is if they died. That way their existence wouldn't bother her. Since the first time that Sue had told her about them getting in contact with her to find out Willow's whereabouts, she'd been bothered. She'd blocked her family from her mind, erased them even. Them popping back up was a hindrance.

"It is a shame is it not?" Jonathan said from behind her, Willow turned and looked at him. "It's a shame they didn't all die there and then. Hate to be blunt about the matter, but I have to be. It is grating you, I can see it. It was an easy solution to a massive problem which has now been complicated."

----

(Edited: 21/Oct/2019)