28

Silent. It was so silent. Jonathan awoke to silence and looked around confused, in silence. Slipping his glasses on he walked out of the room, walking down the small hallway he looked into the sitting room.

Willow perked up and looked over at him. "Morning."

Frowning, Jonathan walked in and crouched down in front of her. "You've not slept."

"Yes, I have."

"No, you haven't."

"How do you know?"

"I just walked in on you going to sleep sitting up. No one would do that unless they were exhausted."

"I had a busy evening yesterday." Willow said cynically. "Or had you forgotten?"

"How could I?"

"How could you?"

Jonathan sighed and ran a hand through his hair. Anger was a natural part of grief, he was just going to ignore Willow's backlash. If he retorted to it, she'd become angrier and take even more of it out on him. He didn't want that, honestly he didn't. Looking up, he shook his head, Willow was going to sleep sitting up, again. Reaching out he withdrew his hands when he put them on her shoulders. All he was going to do was push her to lay down, yet even touching her caused her to flinch.

She shot him a look. "Do you mind?"

"No, I don't."

"I do."

"No, you don't." Jonathan mumbled and stood up, "I'm going to get ready then go do some work." Willow looked over at him. She didn't answer him back, not that he was expecting her to. She was too busy going through grief. Willow was currently on the 'anger' stage which meant she'd skipped past 'shock and denial,' and also 'pain and guilt'. Clearly she had gone through these stages in her secret night up, and morning. When Willow was left on her own she looked around. She didn't want to be in here, on her own, why would she? Standing up and straightening out her jeans and shirt she walked towards the door, picking up her bag and jacket as she went, she walked quickly down the hall.

----

"Why do people do what they do?" Bruce was confronted with this question while landing on the roof. Willow looked at him, forlorn and hollow. Clearly she'd not slept, there was a air of confusion and anger surrounding her. In all honesty he didn't want to have to fight her, not when she was in this state. "I can't stop thinking, and it hurts. It honestly hurts." Willow rubbed her head slowly and looked up at him.

"Why did you call me here?" He asked while the wind picked up. The cape billowed out with the breeze.

"I want to talk to someone." Willow said while wrapping her arms around herself. "I'm at fault aren't I? Like...the reason Luke died, was because of me...right?"

"No."

"Yes it was. He'd never be in that situation, or one like it, if it wasn't for me."

"Don't do this to yourself. It won't do you any good."

"But-"

"Blaming yourself, will do nothing but more harm."

Willow put her hands over her ears and shook her head slowly. "But it's the only thought which makes sense!" She cried, "Some innocent child, got killed in such a sudden way, because of me."

Bruce sighed. Conflicting emotions were something he couldn't advise someone with. He knew how she felt, nearly everyone had been in a situation like this, hopefully not with someone resulting in dying. Willow was literally going through self destruction right in front of him. Stepping forward he held a hand out. "Come with me."