Chapter 2

"Taehyung, do you have that report yet?"

You're running around like a chicken with your head cut off, trying to gather everything you need for the pre-submission meeting tomorrow morning. Quarterlies are due in two and a half weeks and things are happening at lightning speed. Plus, with Waldo out indefinitely, your problems have multiplied two-fold.

You have to deal with a new hire. And your body keeps telling you to jump his bones.

But obviously, you can't do that.

As soon as he came into that conference room for the final interview, you knew you were doomed. He was like an angel--or a demon--something from beyond reality--something that should never have been in your place of work. After seeing him in the bar for all of twenty seconds, it took you two days to start putting him out of your mind! And then there he was again, shattering all of your hard work in one instant. The irresistible, inexpiable physical attraction rose up inside of you like a tidal wave and you were left sitting in your chair staring, unable to speak.

He sat down and unbuttoned his suit jacket like a perfect gentleman.

"We just have a few questions for you, Mr. Nakamoto," the Head of HR had said.

Yuta Nakamoto. He had been haunting your every waking thought for two days and that was the first time that you heard his name. On paper--on his resume in the manila folder that sat in front of you on the table--it had meant nothing. But now that names meant everything to you.

The stunning revelation came back into your mind all at once: this person is my mate!

You tried your best to look professional even as your eyes devoured every bit of him. His sharp black suit and tie, the way that his blonde hair was swept back over his forehead like a swoop of gold, the calm confidence that radiated from his handsome face as he answered your colleagues' questions--

And when he looked around the room, gaze moving from face to face to engage each of his examiners as he answered, his eyes met yours and all of a sudden you forgot how to breathe. God--those eyes!

Only once the interview was nearly over did you realize that you had been completely entranced in him the entire time. You hadn't even asked one question.

"Well, great. Thank you very much, Mr. Nakamoto." The Head of HR looked around the table as a final call for the panel, sending a jolt of urgency through your lust-ridden brain.

"Uh--just one last question, Mr. Nakamoto." The feeling of his name rolling off your tongue was more present in your mind than the worry that you might ask a question someone had already covered. You had hardly been listening to the interview.

Mr. Nakamoto looked at you at once, deep eyes gazing right into you as he waited for your query.

Oh lord help me. All of the thoughts scattered, swept away by his mere gaze. You said the first thing that came to mind. "As an alpha, do you feel comfortable working in a team lead by an omega female?"

Silence.

The whole table fell silent, and in the uncomfortable quiet, you finally found yourself again. It may have been out of left field but your question was a legitimate one. Nothing would ever be fixed if everyone continued to ignore those kind of questions. And besides, if he were to be hired, Mr. Nakamoto would have to work in a team led by you. It was a fair question to raise.

Mr. Nakamoto blinked, considering, and then nodded. "Absolutely," he told you, looking right at you like he was speaking to you and only you. Your heart fluttered wildly as he assured, "Work has nothing to do with personal inclinations. The boss is the boss and I'm a team player."