Chapter 15

* * * * * *

Nicolai didn’t take his time parking the car, as soon as he reached town he jumped out of the car and ran to the store Selene worked at. Anger ran through him, fear piercing him through his heart.

“Selene!” he yelled as he entered the store. A small older woman turned to look at him, worry in her eyes.

“I’m sorry son, she is not here” she shook her head, then turned to look at the empty counter “there were viewers who told me that she was taken away by a gang of men….no one knows where they could have taken her.”  

Nicolai felt a strong impotence, they had taken Selene, and nobody knew where they could be. Nicolai dropped to his knees, unable to support himself any longer.

“So young, so beautiful” he heard the lady say as she walked closer to the counter.

Nicolai clenched his hands into fists, he couldn’t give up so easily, he would search the whole world if he had to…he WOULD find Selene, no matter how long it took him. Nicolai slowly got up to his feet, his knees were sore from the fall, but he didn’t feel anything, he was determined to kill all those who had hurt Selene. He got out from the store, but before he could reach his car James stood in front of him.

“Get out of my way James” he ordered.

“You need to hear me out first”

“I don’t have time right now, the rogues have taken…”

“Selene” James finished for him with a sigh, he dropped his eyes to the floor “I know, I was there, I... was the one that sold her”

Nicolai’s wolf took over and with a swift right punch he had James on the floor “You bastard! I will kill you for this!” Nicolai bent down to pick up James from his shirt with his left hand and punched him again straight in the nose. There was a crowd gathering to see the fight, the women were gasping, while the men just stood still and watched.

Nicolai was about to hit James again when he hear someone yell.

 “That is enough!” he turned to see the old woman from the store walk through the crowd, and stopping once she was next to him.

“I’ve had enough of this, instead of beating your friend like an animal you should be searching for that poor girl, lord knows what difficulties she must be going through at this moment”

Nicolai regained his posture. “He is not my friend, he is a traitor,” he told her “but  you are right, I shouldn’t be wasting precious time with this bastard” he turned to look at James with pure hatred.

“As for you all” the old woman turned to look at the crowd “you should all be ashamed of yourselves, many of you came to me to tell me how the girl was kidnapped, how many of you stood there while she was been taken away, and instead of helping her you all cowered down” at her words everyone lowered their gaze.