14

Zach

    The brunette adult cooked breakfast for his children who were waiting at the table. Jonah was babbling away about music to Lottie, while Corbyn and Daniel were talking about what ever came to mind.

     "Corbyn?" Daniel asked his older brother. Corbyn knew it was serious since Daniel called him by his first name.

    "Yea?" He answered, turning in his seat to look at his little brother better.

   "Do you know what it means when you feel tingles in your tummy? Like around a person?" Daniel shyly asked quietly.

     "Well that means you like them. Like you wanna be their everything" Corbyn tried explaining in an easy way.

    "What do you mean "everything"?" Daniel asked.

    "You um want to be their boyfriend or girlfriend. You will be able to say I love you to them and hug them for a long time and kiss them. But only kiss them when you get older!" Lottie smiled at the two boys interaction.

     "But I tell you I love you?" Daniel was confused. He didn't understand why he couldn't tell him that he loved him but he's aloud to say it to Corbyn.

    "Yeah, but, our love is a different love Danny! We are brothers. We are blood related. The girl you like, isn't blood related so they have to be very special in your eyes" Daniel furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

     "Daddy and papa are not blood related though and I tell them I love them" Corbyn chuckled at the younger boy, along with Lottie.

    "Yes because Daddy and papa are nice. They took us in and are adopting us. They gave us a home and keep us safe. They are our parents now not Kim and Brian" Daniel shuttered at the names of his biological parents.

      "So what's this girls name Danny?" Corbyn asked. Daniel blushed listening to Corbyn say 'she'.

    "What if it's not a she?" Daniel was scared of Corbyn hitting him for liking a boy.

    "Then who's the lucky boy?" Corbyn smiled. Lottie was confused as she didn't know what they meant.

    "Mikey" Daniel smiled at the floor beneath him and Corbyn patted Daniel's shoulder.

    "I can trust him to take care of my baby brother" Daniel looked up at the brunette and smiled.

    Zach stood behind the wall smiling at the conversation. He decided not to bring it up until Daniel wants to tell Zach himself.

    He went back and grabbed the plates with food and carried 4 to the table.

    "One for Daniel, one for Corbyn, one for Charlotte and one for baby Jonah" Zach said smiling.

   "Thank you" Lottie whispered. Zach smiled and kissed her forehead.

   "You're very welcome Lottie" He walked back out grabbing the kids drinks. 

   "An apple juice for Danny, A chocolate milk for Bean, A water for Lottie and an orange juice for Joey" Zach said handing them out.

   "Wheres yours Daddy?" Corbyn asked seeing as they all had food except for him. 

"I'm getting it. don't worry bean" Zach smiled and walked out of the dining room and into the kitchen, grabbing his food and walking back to the table. he sat next to Lottie and Jonah, who is at the head of the table in his high chair. 

    They all ate their breakfast, talking here and there. Zach smiled and Charlotte was talking a bit louder than she has been.

    He's extremely proud of his little girl and how far she's getting. He doesn't exactly know her story about what happened over the last 5 years but he understands the abuse.