Nine

TW?

We arrived at the cliff and Patton started talking.

"What if this doesn't work? What if you can't fly?" He concerningly asked.

"There's water at the bottom, so even if I can't fly, I would land safely in the water. Though the impact would hurt a bit." I explained.

"Ok." Patton unsurely nodded.

I stood at the edge of the cliff and stared down at the bottom. I spread out my wings and move my foot a tad bit over the edge.

Suddenly, I jump and I'm free falling. I desperately try to catch the wind with my wings.

It doesn't work, I try flapping, it still doesn't work.

Am I gonna die? If I do die, would anyone even care? What if the water is too shallow and I die from falling like 500 feet onto sharp rocks?

At least it would be quick..

I shut my eyes tightly and tense up, waiting for the impact.

1

2

3..

I didn't hit the water...

5

4

3

2

1

0

-1

-2

I open my eyes when I don't feel anything hit me or me.

I'm flying-

I'm right above the water, about a foot away from it.

My wings take me halfway up the cliff and then I notice that my subconscious mind is the one making me fly. I immediately take control and I fly myself back up to the top of the cliff with a huge smile.

I see Patton with a worried face and Roman with an unsure face, but when they see me, their expressions are completely different, happy, excited, congratulate, etc.

"You did it! You can fly!" Roman jumped onto me without a second thought and hugged me tightly.

"Roman!" I shreeked. I was still flying and I couldn't balance immediately at the extra weight. "I'm still flying!"

He freaked out and hugged me even tighter if that was even possible.

"Hey, it's okay. It just scared me." I explained he started breathing heavily and I could see tears pricking his eyes. I panicked and swooped over to the ground. "Roman? What's wrong?"

"I-I just... I'm sc-scared of h-hights." He panted.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" I franticly apologize.

"I-its ok." He said, wiping away some tears that had fallen.

Wow, I've never seen Roman scared before.

It's kind of cute.

Wait what? Why would I think that him being scared is cute- wtf was this author thinking?

I shook my head trying to get my gay thoughts out and then payed my attention back to Roman.

A few minutes passed and Roman had calmed down. Patton had sat next to him rubbing comforting circles on his back.

Wait, I can fly. And I have wings.

I don't think this is normal...

"Guys... I can fly." I said, just now comprehending the fact.

"Yeah! You can!" Patton remembered. Roman smiled at me with a genuine smile and I smiled back.

I stared into Romans eyes, taking in how beautiful they were. The chocolatey brown of them was just so beautiful that I never wanted to look away from them.

Dang it, I have a crush, don't I?

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 535

WEEEEEEEEEEEE

PRINXIETY