Twenty-One

TW

•••

I sit in my bed feeling sick. I ponder for a while about what could've gotten me sick and I come up with nothing.

Literally nothing.

I run to my bathroom immediately as I feel like I need to throw up. And sure enough, as soon as I got there, I threw up.

I cough a few times after throwing up, I flush the toilet and walk back to my bed.

I lay down on it and chough a few more times.

Patton walks into my room and asks,

"Hey, are you okay? I heard you coughing."

"I'm sick." I inform him.

"Oh. How bad are you sick?" He questions.

"I think it's pretty bad." I say.

"Do you need anything? Like medicine?" He asks.

"I don't know." I ponder a bit more on how I could've gotten sick, then it clicks.

My anorexia...

Not eating made my immune system go down and now I'm probably extremely sick.

"I think I need to go to the hospital.." I say, and Patton looks at my concerningly.

"Oh, ok." I could see panic in his eyes as he pulled me out of bed and then down the stairs and to the living room.

Thomas was sitting on the couch on his phone and he looked up at me and Patton raising an eyebrow.

"Can you take Virgil to the hospital?" He questioned.

"Um... Who's Virgil?" Thomas asked.

"Anxiety." Patton answered. "Please drive him to the hospital."

"Oh, uh, ok." Thomas stood up and grabbed his keys off of the counter in the kitchen and took me outside to his car.

"Shouldn't it be more like Virgin?" Thomas laughs a bit.

"What?" I question, not knowing what he's talking about.

"Your name." He explains.

"Why is that so funny?" I ask, getting obviously uncomfortable.

"Um- because uh-... It's not..." He looks away from me and starts the car as we get inside of it.

He starts driving to the hospital and we sit in awkward silence. I look out the window and watch the trees pass by.

I look back down at my lap and I start getting really anxious.

I'm going to a hospital.

What if they find out I have wings? What if they send me to a secret lab thingy and they start doing tests on me? What if they li-

My thoughts get cut off by Thomas talking.

"Hey, are you okay? You look like you're about to have a panic attack." He asks.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine." I lie.

Honestly, I'm not fine right now.

I'm extremely sick, I lost two friends, I'm scared, and I'm about to have a panic attack.

"Okay..." He says unsurely.

We arrive at the hospital a few minutes later and we get out of the car.

We walk into the hospital, sign in, then wait.

As we're waiting, I keep on thinking about what would happen if they found out that I had wings.

Sooner or later, my name got called and me and Thomas were lead to room number 533, floor 2.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 512

I wrote like,,,,,,,, 14 chapters in one day...

Help