Eighteen

TW

We get back to the apartment and climbed in through my window.

"Are you sure it's ok that I.. kissed you?" Roman asked.

"Yes, Roman, it's perfectly fine... I.. I liked it." I blushed and looked away.

"What? You liked it? Oh. Oh okay..." Roman awkwardly said.

You made everything awkward, he probably hates you now.

No he doesn't, Alex.

What if he does?

...

Exactly.

I look at the ground and I start scratching at my wrist underneath my sleeve to try and draw blood. Despite my efforts to hide myself scratching my wrist, Roman notices.

"Hey, don't do that!" He grabs both of my hands and jerks them away from each other. "You can talk to me if you need to. What's wrong?"

"It's just Alex." I said simply. I didn't want to hurt Alex by putting the blame on him, but I had to say something.

"Is that Depression's name?" Roman asked. I nodded awkwardly in response. "Anxiety, there are people that love you, you may not believe it, but it's true."

Is he referring to himself..?

"And I know somebody that does love you." He finished.

"Then who is it?" I blushed. I wanted to know if it was Roman or somebody else. If it was somebody else I'd be pretty sad and I'd.. probably start listening to Alex more.

But if it was Roman.

I would be extremely happy.

Roman moved his hand to cup my cheek. My eyes widened.

Is it Roman?

Suddenly his lips were softly pressed against mine. A tear of happiness ran down my face at the realization that Roman was the one who loved me.

I know we kissed before, but we were just caught up in the moment, we weren't thinking.

I kissed back and rested my hands on his hips.

We kissed for a good 30 seconds before pulling away and panting for air.

"Oh my god, Roman." I said with teary eyes. "I love you too!" I pulled him into a tight hug and kept on talking. "I love you so much!"

He giggled into my shoulder and I smiled.

I stopped hugging him and pecked him on the lips once more.

I have a reason to live now.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 372