Sixteen

Roman peered over the edge and then jumped back. I ran over next to him and he started breathing really hard.

"Hey, it's ok. Remember? I'm gonna catch you if you don't fly." I tried calming him down. "It's ok, it's ok."

He nodded in response and walked back up to the edge.

I stood beside him and grabbed his hand. I looked at him and he was blushing. I was probably blushing too.

I started tipping myself over the edge. "Just do what I do." I said, then pulled him slightly over the edge, enough to where he couldn't pull back and balance back on the cliff, but not enough to where it would scare him and he'd fall extremely fast through the air.

He panicked a tiny bit, but calmed down when he remembered that I'd catch him if anything went wrong.

We were staring into each other's eyes for quite a while but then I remember we were falling and I took myself out of my trance.

I looked away from Roman to get his attention and I succeeded.

I spread my wings out quickly to catch air in them and slow down my speed so that I can actually fly.

Roman copies me exactly. I give him another reassuring smile and he smiles back again.

I start flapping my wings and so does Roman. His eyes widened when he saw that he was flying.

"I'm flying!" He exclaimed.

I smiled at him once more and he speaks as we separate hands.

"Thank you for teaching me! You're amazing!" He flys over to me and hugs me while still flying. "Also, tag you're it!"

He pats me on the back and then flys off.

Oh my god, we're such kids. I grin to myself and then race off towards Roman.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 303