Twenty

TW

•••

I walk back upstairs to my room after finishing recording my part of the new Sanders Sides video.

I open up my door, feeling like Alex didn't even exist.

I felt depression-free.

I walked over to my bed only to find a note sitting atop it.

Dear, Virgil

We apologise for such a short notice, but me (Alex) and Jack are leaving. There's no point in us staying with you, we wouldn't be doing our jobs. We miss you so much, and we seriously wish that we could stay with you, but sadly, we can't.

We both left a gift for you, hopefully they'll make you feel better. I hope you like them.

Sincerely, Alex and Jack.

My heart drops instantly.

Tears rolled down by cheeks as I reread the letter over and over.

I finally look over to the side and see two boxes. I grab the black one which I assume is Alex's, and I open it.

A silver chained necklace with a purple feather attached sits neatly inside of it. I smile sadly and pick it up.

"I miss you already guys." I say as I put on the necklace. Tears stream uncontrollably down my face and I swear the entire world can hear me crying.

I hope it does. I hope that everyone knows how much this hurt me. I hope people know my first and only friends just left me forever.

But you can only hope for so much.

Roman and Patton rush into my room frantically.

"Anxiety, what's wrong?" Roman asks, running up to me.

I grab the letter and hand it over to Roman. He reads it then looks up at me questioningly.

"Your name is Virgil?" He asked.

"Th-thats not the point r-right now." I say and as Patton walks over to me, I take the letter from Romans grasp and  hand it to Patton.

He reads over the words and once he's done, he hugs me.

"I'm so sorry, Anxiety." He apologizes. "Are you okay? I know you were really close to them."

He separated the hug and looked into my eyes.

"Kind of.." I answered honestly.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He questioned.

"I don't know..." I looked down.

Looking over to the second box, which was a dark purple and was allot bigger than Alex's, I smile. I pick it up and open it.

Inside of it was a new hoodie. I smiled as I took off the jacket I had on now.

"Anxiety... Your arms... They..." Patton didn't finish his sentence, but I new what he was talking about.

"Yes, I know. Me and Roman had a talk about it and I stopped." I quickly told him.

"...Okay." He replied. He kept on staring at the healing cuts on my arms, but after I put on the new sweater he looked away.

"Also, you guys can call me Virgil if you want, now that you know my name." I force myself to calm down and stop crying. I still have Insecure.

"Yay!" Patton exclaimed.

"Okay!" Roman smiled.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 516

Did you cry?