Twenty-Two

Oops, my finger slipped-

I sit on the hospital bed and they start attaching machines to me.

"Hello, my name is Alex or Alexander, but you can call me Dr Hamilton." Dr Hamilton greeted and I started to cry. He said his name was Alex, which obviously reminded me of Alex. Y'know... Depression. Which is why I cried.

"I'm sorry. Your n-name just re-reminded me of s-someone." I stuttered while still crying.

"It's ok." He smiled. After that small intervention, he asked me multiple questions which I was forced to answer. "Do you mind taking your hoodie off? I need to check your heartbeat."

I hesitate to but I take off the torso part of my shirt and keep the sleeves on because... you know...

I also make sure to hide my wings behind me really good.

He checks my heartbeat and then leaves the room. I put my hoodie back on and cough a bit into my arm.

After about 30 minutes, Dr Hamilton comes back in and starts talking.

"Sir, we need to take an x-ray to check for bone damage." My eyes widen and I feel like having a panic attack again.

(They need to check for bone damage because when you don't eat for a long time everything gets weak, including your immune system, your bones, your muscles, etc.)

"U-Um, do y-you ha-have to do th-the x-ray?" I stuttered.

"Yes." He stated.

Oh no...

Oh fuck.

They're gonna see the wing bones..

I start shaking uncontrollably and my breathing starts quickening. Tears threaten to pour down my eyes and all the noises around me blur out a bit.

I see Thomas stand up quickly from where he's sitting and run up to me.

"Virgil! Take deep breaths! Ok?" It was extremely hard to hear him, but I could tell what he was saying.

I try to do as he tells me, but I start to breathe even faster because my heart isn't getting enough oxygen for how fast it's beating.

I glanced up at the heartbeat monitor and see the HBPM (heartbeats per minute) number is at 132.

Jesus Christ-

After around 20 minutes, Thomas somehow calms me down and Dr Hamilton takes me to an x-ray room.

I lay down on the bed-like-thingy and try to keep myself calm as Dr Hamilton leaves the room to goes into a lead one, and the x-ray turns on.

After about 2 minutes, the x-ray turns off and Dr Hamilton walks back into the room.

"You may go back to your room now. If you don't remember where the room was, I can take you back to it." He says.

"N-no, I don't re-remember where it i-is." I stammer.

"Alright, I'll take you back there." He smiled, then brought me back to my room. "We're going to analyze the x-rays then tell you if anything is wrong. It may take a while."

"O-okay." I say as he walks out the room.

"Why did you have a panic attack?" Thomas asked.

"Uh, it's because... I ha-have a bit of a s-secret..." I explained a bit.

"What kind of a secret would have to do with bones?"

"I, um... I-I have... w-wings..." I hesitate.

"YOU HAVE-" He was cut off by me quickly clamping my hand over his mouth. He licked it and my hand shot away immediately.

"EW!" I screech and frantically wipe my hand on the hospital bed as Thomas laughs at me.

"Can I see them?" He questioned.

I nervously took off my hoodie and shirt and showed my wings. Thomas's eyes widened and he stood up and walked over to me.

(Btw Virgil has his shirt and hoodie over his arms)

Thomas started petting them and I just sat there hoping that nobody would walk into the room.

Thomas and I talked about my wings for a few more minutes then I put my shirt and hoodie back on and waited for Dr Hamilton to come back. I wasn't really looking forward to it, but it was the only thing to look forward to, so...

After about 45 minutes, Dr Hamilton walks in and clears his throat.

"Sir... Are you aware that you have extra bones in your upper back?" He asks.

"Y-yes." I stutter nervously.

"Do you mind me asking why they are there?" Dr Hamilton looks around as if scared.

"Uh, k-kind of. B-but I'll show y-you." I took a deep breath, not knowing what I would get myself into.

(Oh boy, Virgil... Just wait for the second series ;)))

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 814

WOOOOOOOOO! A SECOND SERIES!!!! Are you guys excited?

And your welcome for the longer chapter :>

I wanted to make it a bit longer than the other ones cuz this is the last chapter of this book!

Ilyasm UwU