Chapter 1

Yn's POV

It's my first day at Litchfield and I'm kind of nervous, but I'm not going to show it. I'm on my way to Caputo's office and as I'm walking I get at least 5 cat calls. Well I'm used to it. I'm transferring here from an all male facility and I would still be there if my brother didn't go and get himself locked up. There are rules about not working where a family member is incarcerated and I understand that because I already know I would've given him special treatment. Anyways I get stopped by black lady and she introduced herself to me. "Wassup I'm Cindy. It's nice to see a real sista in here." I smiled at her. "Nice to meet you Cindy. I'm Sergeant Williams, but you can call me Yn. Isn't there another sista working here?"
"Yeah, but she's white washed." She said shaking her head.
I laugh, "Gotcha. Well I'll see you later Cindy." I reached out my hand and she graciously accepted and we went out separate ways.

I finally reached Caputo's office and he greeted me by shaking my hand. "Sergeant I understand you're really good at what you do so I'll be brief. Because this is an all female facility there will be no acceptance of lesbian activities and call them 'inmate' all the time so they don't think that they can walk over you." I nodded totally disagreeing with what he was saying. "Another thing is no special treatment to.... certain people." I understood exactly what he was saying.
"You mean black people sir?" He slowly nodded his head.
"Well I have a couple of things to say, sir. I don't agree with calling these women inmates because even though that's what they are, that takes away their identities and no one walks over me... ever. I also wanna let you know that I will treat everybody equally and if you don't want them to spit in your food I suggest being extra nice to the kitchen staff, Mr. Caputo." I said calmly.
He smiled and then said "I like you Williams. Whatever you do is okay with me, but don't forget about the no lesbian activity rule."
"Yes, sir. Am I free to go?"
"Yes, watch out for Officer Mendez. He's an asshole."
I laughed walking out.

As I'm walking I here my name being called. "Yn?" I turn around and see my best friend from the police academy, John Bennett.

"Hey Johnny

"Hey Johnny." I hug him. "How are you?" He laughs at the name I called him. "I'm good. I haven't been called that in a while." I smile at him. "How have you been?"
"I'm good. It's nice to see a friendly face and it seems cool in here for the most part. I think I'll miss the guys at the other facility. Do you know that most of them were straight out of high school? That's crazy. Anyways enough about me what's it like here?"
"I would say there's never a dull moment. Keep your eyes on Mendez, he's creepy."
"You're the second person to tell me about him."
We started to walk and talk. "He's nicknamed 'Pornstache'. That name was given to him by the women in here." I busted out laughing.
"Seriously!?" I asked trying to stop laughing.
"Yeah." He chuckles. His mind seems to drift when we pass a Latina and they exchange glances.

 His mind seems to drift when we pass a Latina and they exchange glances

"What was that?" I nudge him.
"Huh?" He asks trying to avoid the question. Then our walkie talkies tell us to go to the chapel.
"Don't think I won't bring this up again." We both laugh and make our way to the chapel. As we enter, John and I stand in the back, but just as I'm about to get comfortable leaning on the wall, Caputo introduces me and wants me to come on stage. At this point everyone's eyes are on me so I'm thinking Why not? and then go up to the stage. I'm getting the same catcalls I got before, but one person catches my attention.

Poussey's POV

I'm watching the new CO walk up to the stage and she is gorgeous

I'm watching the new CO walk up to the stage and she is gorgeous. She has mid length curly black hair, a sexy body, and beautiful eyes covered by glasses. I can't help but to say "Damn she sexy as hell." She turns her head slightly to look at me and smiles. I bit my lip and winked at her. If I had a dick I'd have a boner right now.

She finally gets to the stage and introduces herself. "Hello everyone I'm Sergeant Williams, well I guess I'm a CO now. I plan on treating everyone with the same respect I intend on receiving and I'm here to talk if anyone needs advice for anything. I'm very nice just don't get on my bad side." She smiles looking directly at me and I can't help, but to smile back.

"Thanks Williams. Now everybody you can go back to what you were doing before. Have a nice day." Caputo said dismissing everyone. I stay back a little longer waiting for CO Williams. She finally walks my way. She smiles and says hi. "Hey I'm Poussey." I held my hand out to shake hers. She shook my hand "That's a unique name. I'm Yn. I'm cool if y'all call me by my first name."
"Cool. So did you transfer or..."
"I did actually I was at the all male facility in Long Island. We were called Sergeants there and I have no idea why. I guess it sounded better than Correctional officer." She laughs causing me to laugh too. Her laugh is so cute.
"I gotta get back to work. I'll see you around." She says sweetly walking away.

Man I hope she ain't straight. If she is I'll turn her.