Chapter 5

Yn's POV

After the whole incident at dinner I go to my normal post in Cell Block C and try to tune everything and everyone out. I decide to just close the door and I can still faintly hear things, but it's not as loud. Not really paying attention I notice a lot of people go to the bathroom. Not thinking anything of it I continued doing my brother's paperwork to get him out of jail... again. I saw Poussey walk in and she avoided eye contact with me. Something was off. She looked like she was going to topple over at any second. Still I wasn't really attentive to what I was seeing and continued doing what I was doing.

Now I'm done with the paperwork, and I'm actually paying attention. I get up to start doing the headcount before I leave, but then I hear sobbing. I go to the bathroom to see Poussey laying on the ground crying. I don't know what to do. I help Poussey up.

"P what happened? Who did this to you?" I ask.
"You weren't there to help me." She sobbed on my chest. "You don't care about me like you said you do."
"I do care and I'm sorry, I'm here now. You gotta tell me what happened and who did this to you."
"I can't, I can't, I can't."
"Yes you can."
"She's going to kill me Yn." She chokes on her words.
"At least let me get you some help?" I reach for my walkie talkie, but then Poussey stops me.
"No. Can you just help me to my bunk?" I sigh helping her to her bunk and then getting pissed off that someone would do something like this. I then go home and figure out how I plan on addressing the situation.

The next day

I'm on a mission. I grab Bennett to come with me and we go straight to Cell block C and just before everybody is on their way to take a shower. We stand blocking the entrance to the bathroom.

"Is there a problem?" Vee asks moving her way to the front.
"As a matter of fact there is. One of you attacked Washington and left her in the bathroom last night." Bennett answers Vee. Vee turns around and looks at Poussey, who has her head down.
"She looks fine to me." She says turning to face Bennett and I.
"Well she's not fine! One of you did something." I say getting pissed. Bennett puts his hand on my shoulder to calm me down a little bit.
"Just tell us who it was." He directed his statement toward Poussey.
"Nobody did anything. I slipped and fell." She says softly.
"Bullshit." I say.
"Seriously Yn. I fell." She says giving me a look telling me to let it go.
"See she said she fell." Vee says smirking.

At that moment I knew who did it. I'm going to make her pay and I know just what to do. It's nothing too serious, I just want to get my point across.

Over the past few weeks, I've gotten close to Gloria, the head of the kitchen, and I know she'll be down with my plan. My plan is simple. I'm not going to deny her of food because that illegal, but what I'm going to do is have Gloria put hella salt in Vee and her minion's food, including Taystee. I like Taystee, but she didn't have to turn on P like that. Anywho, I'm going to the kitchen with Bennett hot on my tail.

"You like her don't you?" He asks finally catching up to me.
"I can't talk right now I gotta find Gloria."
"Woah woah woah. What are you about to do Yn?"
"Relax I'm not doing anything illegal. I just want to make their food uneatable."
"How?" He raises his eyebrow.
"With salt. I know it's not a grand gesture, but she needs to know not to fuck with my girl." Bennett smiles at me. "Fuck. Did I say that out loud?"
"Yes you did and I support you like you support me and Daya. You can trust me like I can trust you." He gives me a reassuring hug and we go to the kitchen.

Gloria and the rest of her people are in there. Bennett goes over to Daya and they look so cute together. I go up to Gloria and she smiles, but then her smile slowly goes away because she notices that I'm pissed. "What's wrong?" She asks.
"I need you to do me a favor." She nods and I tell her everything. She agrees to do because she's tired of Vee too. I start to leave, but she stops me.

"Te gusta ella no?" (You like her don't you)
"Tal vez un poco." (Maybe a little) I say. She smiles at me.
"Es bueno que estés cuidando de ella así." (It's nice you're looking out for her like this) she says. I smile and walk away and patiently wait for my plan to unfold. I just want to see the look on their faces. I know it's lame as hell, but what else can I do?

I just want Poussey to be okay and to not live in fear. I really hope she knows that I genuinely care.