Chapter Ten

Before I even knew it, the summer break rolled around. It took me by surprise, and I couldn't believe this.

I was going to be entering my senior year of college. This was insane! I couldn't believe it. My final exam was two days ago, Tom was visiting his parents about two towns over, but he was coming back today. He and I were doing fantastic, considering moving forward with our relationship. Finneas and I have hung out almost every other day. As for Billie, we don't talk as much as we first did. We like each other's pictures on Instagram, but if Finneas brings her along, that's okay too. I left my apartment building to see a black SUV pull up with the passenger window rolled down.

"Hey troll, miss me?" Finneas asks with a smile. A laugh passes my lips while I hug him in the car. Today before Tom returned, I was going to make some significant changes. Well, to me, they were.

"Hey Ana..." a small voice spoke out from the back seat. I turned around with a smile still on my face. She came too. I tried my best to forgive her, and I did. My heart was yelling at me for letting her off too quickly.

"Hey, Billie." I greet her with a smile which causes her to feel more welcomed.

"So, are you ready?" Finneas asks as he starts the way to the mall.

"What's happening anyway?" asks Billie

"She is getting something pierced but won't tell me!" Finneas exclaimed with a laugh towards the end.

"And chopping my hair off," I added with the same laugh.

"Oh shit. Okay." She joked along, making me laugh as we went to the hair salon. My nerves were getting the best of me, and my hair. My safety. As the little salon came into view, I bit my lower lip, holding on to Finneas's hand.

"Finn. I'm nervous."

"It's alright, Ana." I nod to myself before stepping out of the car and walking toward the shop slowly. My nerves were through the roof. I can feel Finneas walking beside me to my right. A soft hand intertwines with my left hand.

"You're good," Billie says with a gentle smile as we walk in and sit. Her eyes glistened softly. It felt like such a cliche to say my stomach turned.

"Holy shit!" Finneas exclaimed, standing from his chair as I walked towards him. My eyes bulged at his reaction, "Billie went to get the car, but what the fuck? It looks amazing."

"Really?" I ask with a smile feeling relieved that he genuinely likes it. He takes a picture of me, then shows me. Oh wow, while I'm examining the photo, a small raspy voice speaks from behind me.

"Shit." I see Billie at the door with her mouth open a little. For this time, ever since my feelings for her, I took in her appearance. She looked flawless, the base of her hair bright neon green clashing with her entire demeanor. "You look fucking great," I want to reply with a simple thank you, but my cheeks get hot, and I just smile. Finneas takes my arm, and we walk to the car. My hair was now reaching only the top of my shoulders. Finneas starts the drive towards the mall where the piercing shop is. I sat in the back to allow Billie to sit up front, but she decided to sit beside me. My notifications go off and indicate that Tom posted something.

TommoH, this doofus is leaving me in a few hours to see his parentsss wtf maaaaaannn love u xx follow my main ya hurd? @maialockwood

Liked by 23 others.
View 17 comments
harrisontheman uh what??
TessaBaddestBih please be my parentssssssssss
maialockwood UM OFC MY BBY @TessaBaddestBih
nate_j23 where's ana at bro?
maialockwood who? @nate_j23

I looked up at Billie, who was looking down as well. He's cheating on me—our relationship is down the drain. I try to coax myself and calm down, but how can I? I feel Billie's hand on my lower back. She speaks lowly

"Talk to her, Ana. It looks like she doesn't know either." I nod my head at her and type a message to the girl.

dianalancaster um hi.

maialockwood hello?

dianalancaster who are you to tom?

maialockwood his fiancée, soon to be the mother of his child. who the hell are you?

dianalancaster im his girlfriend...

maialockwood so it's true?

dianalancaster how long have you two been together?

maialockwood a year... you?

dianalancaster a few months...

maialockwood okay. im going to go now.

dianalancaster I didn't know about you maia

maialockwood I didn't know about you either. obviously.

He got her pregnant. They were going to get married. Tears fall from my eyes, and I drop my phone, starting to cry on Billie's shoulder. Finneas turns around, worried about what Billie responds with

"Get her home."

Why am I the one hurt? Or played? Me? All the fucking time.

I'm such a fucking fool. I'm such an idiot. He was too good to be true. Too perfect. Nobody that perfect exists. Billie adjusts how I sit by putting my legs over hers, and I'm holding onto her, crying into the crook of her neck. Her hand went up and down my back. A few minutes go by, and Billie pats my back. I look up and see I'm home. Just great. Finneas walks out and holds me bridal style, starting to carry me inside. Billie takes off my little sandals while we walk toward the front. Once inside, the smell of his cologne was in the air—pictures of us all over the place. I began to move to indicate I wanted to be let down. He kisses my cheek before putting me down, and I hold onto his hand. I was so stupid! I walk over to the frames with us, smiling, laughing, kissing, and being happy with each other. I grabbed my used-to-be favorite one. I was mid-laugh while Tom held on to me, biting my cheek jokingly. The sound of shattered glass brings me to my current situation. I smashed the photo. My hands grabbed onto one another; we were sharing cotton candy at the local fair. I whipped it down by my feet, which wasn't the brightest idea, but I didn't care. One after another, they broke.

"Diana!" Finneas yells and runs off somewhere, but I fall to the ground. How? I don't know. The tiny shards of glass pierce my skin as I fall. Loud sobs pass my lips. Why was I the one hurt?

"Why me?" I cry, "I'm such an idiot. Why do people love hurting me? What did I do? I'm such a fucking fool!" I continue flailing my arms around. Billie kneels to me, holding onto my arms.

"You did nothing wrong," I don't know why I said it, but I did.

"Why'd you hurt me? What did I do to you?" I could tell it caught her by surprise. I see her take in a deep breath, probably feeling very uncomfortable.

"Diana. Look at me. I'm a fucking idiot and lost you because of my actions. I didn't sort out my thoughts. That's why. I didn't do it intentionally, baby..." she says but slowly whispers. Our eyes locked on each other's, and I nodded slowly. Feeling so fucking hurt, I lay my head on her lap. "Come on, mamas." She wraps her arms around my back and under my legs before standing. "Fuck" She grunts as she walks towards the couch, laying me down gently. I'm such a fucking idiot. Finneas runs back in with a first aid kit, approaching me. I look down at my legs. Oh wow. They were terrible. My hands were the same. Finn begins to clean my wounds. I felt so weak. I wince at the alcohol and instinctively grab Billies' hand. She smiles softly at me, squeezing my hand gently.

" I got you."

this chapter is fucking garbage but whatever. nobody even reads this soo i'll prob update later or tmr idk if there if someone reading plz do vote makes my peepee hard 🍌