Chapter Twenty-Eight

d i a n a
d e c e m b e r, 2 5 t h

I didn't sleep much just because it's been a bit difficult due to my memories and everything was just becoming overwhelming. I forgave Billie but I didn't forget. She slept through the night holding on to my waist laying her head either on my chest or back. Certain memories were easy to accept into my mind but others like coping with Billie cheating on me was very difficult. But being in this accident made me realize that life is short and Billie etched her name on my heart. Billies grip tightens on me causing me to look over at her, her face was scrunched up. Little murmurs fell off her lips. I wrap my right arm around her rubbing her back softly.

"No!" She shouts out breathless sitting in an upright position now. Billie looks around frantically and her eyes meet worried ones. Instantly her face changes from fear to relief. She leans in and places an angst-filled kiss on my lips. "Sorry babe, bad dream."

"Want to talk about it?" I ask curiously

"You were gone... I don't want to talk about it anymore." She finishes and holds on to me tightly as if she's afraid I'll be gone before she wakes. To be honest, I didn't want her to let me go.

"Okay" I replied making my voice as gentle as I can. "Merry Christmas," I whisper caressing her hand and she inhales sharply.

"Baby can we just stay in bed for a little longer?" I loved that idea.

"Yes, of course, we can stay as long as you want."

"What the hell are you guys doing in bed? It's Christmas!" Barged in Finneas shouting opening our blinds. We both let out a shriek Billie throws her body over me her hands covering my head. Without second-guessing she protected me, I smile softly and kiss her lips. I can see her small smile before she shifts her position; tossing a pillow at Finneas.

"You ass! you scared the shit out of me!" Billie shouts getting up walking into our bathroom grumbling cuss words. I only let out a laugh and get up to hug Finn.

"Merry Christmas. How are you?" I ask leaning on my dresser for support since my injuries aren't completely healed. He purses his lips and shrugs, it seemed as if something was on his mind. "Finn, you okay?"

"I have to talk to you about a few things."

My heart began to race at the thought of all the possible outcomes.

"Let's go..." I grab my crutch and go to my balcony, he sighs and leans on the railing looking over the city. "Finn, what is it?"

"I'm in love.." I couldn't help but notice him scan my face for my blank reaction. I felt as if he looked at my lips but I couldn't be sure. " with Luna." My eyes widen at his answer. I feel like I was just hit in the stomach.

"Y-you're in love-?" I stutter out trying to comprehend everything. My best friend and my twin. He looks over at me and it seemed like he had tears in his eyes. "F-Finn oh my god," I place my hand on his cheek. "I'm not mad. I would be so happy if my sister dates someone as incredibly amazing as you."

"I got really scared. I love you Di, you're my best friend." I pout out of how cute he was being right now.

"I love you oh come here, Finn." He embraces me tightly, my best friend and my twin. How weirdly right. "Does she feel the same?" I ask smiling and holding onto his arm. He lets out a sigh with a certain look on his face that I couldn't quite figure out.

"I hope so."

"She'd be a total moron if she didn't." Billie opens the balcony door and raises her eyebrows in confusion.