Chapter Fourteen

"Thank fuck I'm out of that godforsaken place." I breathe out, walking towards Finneas' car. Billie right beside me, I feel her hand on my lower back before quickly pinching my butt. I let out a little yelp and glare jokingly at her but she just winks at me.

"I still cannot believe you let her move in. That's too fucking weird." Says Finneas in a light joking tone.

"No, that's too fucking weird is us having to go to the courthouse to get a restraining order for this motherfucker who should be in fucking jail," Billie says in a harsh tone, not directed to anyone but you knew to not bug her. It wasn't like anything she was saying was false though.

"So, where is Maia?" Finneas asks while getting into the driver seat, I put my hand on the door handle but get a harsh smack.

"The fuck? You think you a peasant or some shit. Back up" Billie scolds me harshly before opening my door for me. A soft laugh passes my lips and I give her a gentle kiss which causes her to give my butt a light slap.

"God. I'm going to fucking gag." Finneas whispers while turning in his car.

"Good-"

I cut Billie off and start my reply to Finneas's question.

"Maia is getting her things together at her place. I will call her later." He nods beginning to drive off towards the courthouse. We wanted to get this restraining order as soon as possible. I couldn't believe this was my life. A girl that I was into in a well known I think artist, I have a fucking psychopath ex and an incredible best friend. Now a roommate. Everything used to be so simple.

"Hey, mamas I never asked what you are studying to be?" I look back at Billie as she rubs my shoulder comfortingly. Finneas lets out a laugh shaking his head while continuing to drive.

"I will let you know on our first date." I tease with a smile she rolls her eyes jokingly before leaning back in her seat. I look forward again and feel Finneas place his hand on top of mine. Tears fill my eyes just thinking about how much I love my best friend. He smiles sweetly and turns up the volume, a favorite song of ours plays softly.

"New behavior" we sing together sweetly - our windows rolled down the soft summer breeze caressing us. My eyes go to my shoulder where I had my injury. I couldn't believe that shit. I got stabbed. My thoughts drift off to Maia, Tom took her child's life. How fucking horrifying for her. I try to rid the negative thoughts and shake my head slightly. How could I? He was haunting. The look in his eyes. Almost hurting people so dear to me, and my pets who mean just the same. Did the police know about Maia's tragedy? How the hell is he out? Once Finneas parks the car, I quickly get out turning to them.

"Okay, Guys I'll be out soon."

"You sure you don't want us to come?" Asked Finneas with his brow raised at me. Billie nods in agreement.

"I'm okay," I assure them and start walking to the entrance. As I get closer and closer to the door, I notice a familiar figure pacing around the front. "What the hell..." I whisper to myself and walk towards him slowly.

"Thank God. Diana. I just need-"

"No!" I quickly cut him off waving my head in hope to swat him away like the bug he is. "What you need is to leave me alone. I'm literally getting a restraining order."

"No! You can't. Diana. It will ruin my life"

"What about Maia's life?" I ask coldly. "Or your child's life Thomas? You are fucking sick!" I spat at him and began walking more to the door.

"Shut your mouth!- I'm sorry. Look. You don't get it okay."

"No, I don't. I don't want too." I push him away and continue to walk inside. Before the door behind me shuts I see him shaking his head and repeatedly smacking himself. As I'm walking through the courthouse, even if I did have something with Billie and she admitted to it. There was still something inside me that just wouldn't let myself be happy. After it all, it was just too good to be true. Something always has to go wrong. It really sucked too because my life could be so good if I just stopped ruining it for myself. I bite down on my lower lip to try to distract my mind from my thoughts and focus on anything else. But I can't. My mind pulled me so far back from reality I barely noticed the elderly woman asking if I was in line.

"Oh, you can go ahead ma'am." I politely back up and she smiles sweetly at me.

"Why thank you dear, I'm having a tough morning. I came with my son to figure out what I can do legally for this problem he's in. I'm so stressed." I nod my head to indicate I was listening, She rummages through her purse that lets out the smell of dust.  She pulls out a small-busted phone and begins squinting while swiping through. A small breathless chuckle passes her lips and she shows me a picture. At the sight of the picture, I begin to take in my fucking luck. "I knew when he was born and I saw that face - he was gonna bring me trouble hahaha." A picture of her and Tom smiling at the camera. "I cannot believe it though. The things he is accused of. Absolutely horrifying. The women these days." I nod my head and begin jogging out, I felt sick to my stomach. As soon as I was outside, I was bumping into someone else. The familiar scent brings me a bit of peace but that doesn't stop me from bunching over and letting it out. I feel her hands rub my back softly.

"What happened mama?" asked Billie as I wiped my mouth and she gave me a strip of gum. Only good thing.

"With my fucking luck. I found his mother."

"What the fuck. Damn. Come on. You gotta rest. At least a day."

"No, I cant. I just- I don't fucking know. I don't ducking know anything."

"Hey. You know one thing"

"Which is what?" I ask tears filling my eyes, this was so frustrating to me.

"We got a date to go too later."

Okay never mind on the gum being the only good thing. This is.

im sorry for this shitty chapter ill do better but yeahhhhh vote and comment plz they give me a lady bonerrrrrrrr also V EXCITED FOR XANNY MV COMING OUT TMR YES. okay updating soon. thank u xx