Reunited

Leo held the door open for the last man to walk out ahead of her. She shut and locked the bar behind her and waved to the man as he stumbled off down the dark street, calling after him, "See you tomorrow, Preston!"

She tucked the keys into the neckline of her uniform and walked silently down the street the few blocks to her small apartment. She came to the barber shop and walked around to the back entrance, walking up the long flight of stairs in the dark. When she reached her door, she took out the keys again and unlocked the door, stepping into the inkiness of her still apartment.

She lit the lantern that hung in the middle of the room, and as the room came into the light, she threw her keys onto the table and slung her apron over the empty chair. She reached up and pulled off the dark, short wig, shaking out her long, blue hair as it fell to her waist. She rolled her neck, stretching out the kinks that had developed from working all day and then headed into the bedroom. She lit the candle that sat on her bedside table and then pulled her uniform off over her head, throwing it onto the bed in a crumpled heap. Tomorrow was her day off, so she would worry about washing it in the morning.

She glanced through her closet, and finally found what she was looking for hidden behind the few outfits she owned. She pulled out the dark outfit, running her hands over the smooth, but rugged material. She hadn't put this outfit on since the Sins were run out of the kingdom and split up ten years ago. She ran a finger down the finely crafted jumpsuit and then slipped into it, walking over the mirror as she tugged it into place. She admired her reflection in the mirror for a moment. The suit was dark and shimmered in the light of the candle, and the small cutouts above her hips bared her pale skin, which seemed to glow in the moonlight. She deftly braided the sides of her hair out of the way and pulled all of it into a high ponytail on top of her head, glancing at her reflection again. She turned her back to the mirror and looked over her shoulder, studying the red symbol of the lion that was tattooed on the delicate skin at the base of her neck.

She wasn't Leonora the Barmaid anymore. She was Lion Sin Leonora.

She took a deep breath, and had to admit that it felt good to be back and say that in her head again.

She left the mirror and walked over to the bed, kneeling down beside it. She pried up one of the floorboards, and pulled out the wooden chest that had rested beneath. Dusting it off, she traced the insignia of the lion that was burned into the lid, and then flipped open the clasp, raising the lid. She stopped, studying what was inside for a moment, before pulling the long, thin rapier out, testing it in her hands. She looked down it, watching as the gleaming metal flashed in the moonlight from the window, and then slashed it across the air in front of her. The swish of the sword in the silent room, cutting through the air, put a smile on her lips.

"Damn, I've missed you, Megil." She muttered under her breath, calling the Relic by name.

She sheathed the rapier on her back and then stood, glancing at herself in the mirror one more time. She gave herself a nod. She was ready.

She blew out the candle, plunging the room back into darkness, and headed out for the Boar's Hat.

******

She kept to the shadows as she crept through the quiet town. She was sure no one would be out and about at this hour, except a few, lone drunks, but she still couldn't take the chance of someone seeing and recognizing her.

When she reached the edge of town, she hiked up the hill that led to the forest, knowing that every time they had come to town before, Meliodas had preferred this spot for the Boar's Hat.