Epilogue

Leo stood on the crest of the hill, looking down on the city of Camelot, the cool, gentle breeze blowing her long, dark locks across her face. The navy tendrils of hair snaked across her vision and made her feel as if she were afloat in an ocean somewhere, far, far away from here.

She felt a heavy arm on her shoulders and glanced over to see Ban standing beside her, looking down on the kingdom below them. He spoke without meeting her gaze. "I can't believe they're really gone."

Leo felt the heaviness sink even further into her stomach at his words and Diane and Gowther's faces flashed across her mind's eye, causing her to wince slightly. "I know. But that was a lovely service Arthur put together in their honor. Diane would have been happy with the flowers. She always did love pretty things." She laughed slightly, a damaged sound among the stark reality they were facing, and then said, "And Gowther would have been happy with the poetry reading. He always had his nose in a book."

Ban chuckled. "Who's going to constantly remind us of our diminutive odds before battles now?"

Leo flashed him a smile and he gave her a small one in return. "I promised Diane if anything ever happened to her, I'd keep an eye on the captain for her. And I guess that includes Elizabeth now too. So I guess that means you're in charge of calculating our chances of life expectancy from now on. Oh, and bringing down the atmosphere of the whole group. But you already do that, so I don't think that will be much of an adjustment. Gowther would be proud."

She laughed as Ban glared at her and hooked his arm around her neck, pulling her to him. He wrapped his arms around her and she buried her face in his chest, both of them suddenly growing serious again.

Leo pulled back a bit and looked up at him, his gaze once again on the kingdom below them. "They died doing what they loved, Foxy. Fighting alongside their family."

He glanced down at her and then kissed her gently on the top of the head before releasing her. "I know, L. I'd want to go in the same way."

She took his hand in hers. "Come on. I already told you, just like Elaine, they wouldn't want us to stand around here, moping over them. Diane would tell us to go and kick someone's ass already and Gowther would tell us if we don't get moving and find something else to battle, our chance of killing one another will rise to 4.8%." She pulled him away from the crest of the hill, back toward where the rest of the sins still stood around their comrades' freshly turned graves. She glanced over her shoulder at him, letting a slight smile play across her lips, and then said, "Let's go get the others. The Seven Deadly Sins still have work to do."