Chapter 2

♤Your pov♤

After Maths, Neji and I rushed off to go to our separate classes. I had Arts, while he had English. One of the main reasons why I hate Mondays is because we only share one class together!

That was Mathematics.

"See you at lunch y/n!" Neji leaned down kissing my forehead. My heart thumped hard against my ribcage. "See yah, Neji."

When Neji walked away, I headed for my locker. I entered the combination then opened it, taking out my art book, my paint set, and putting away my Maths book. Just when I was about to close my locker it slammed shut in front of me.

"Going somewhere l/n?" I rolled my eyes. Looking up I saw the grey eyes of Seri. Her parents literally named her after some A.I bot that lived inside I-phones. That's not love. "What do you want?" I asked.

Seri flipped her long cherry red hair and winked at the boys that passed, who stopped whatever they were doing just to stare at her for a while. Googly eyed and drooling all over their shirt. "Chin up boys~" she taunted. They caught themselves and rushed off. Feeling rather ashamed.

"Been a while since I bullied you l/n." Seri focused her attention back on me. "I know right. Heaven knows why you stopped, may be it was because Satan called you to do other important things! Like check on you hair!" She gave me a solid glare and punched above my head. "I'm not afraid to punch you again y/n. This time, I'm gonna knock you out."

I glared back. "I wanna see you try." She tightened her glare.

"Seri, play Catch Me Outside." I mocked, as though actually speaking to the robot.

Seri gasped. Before she was popular, she used to be teased because of her name. Now. Everyone loved her. She was a sweet honey to everyone's eyes. She was bitter to mine.

Because my mom took back my dad from her mom, she hates me. My mom died six years ago, along with my little brother. It was an assassination, sent by Seri's rich evil mother.

*IF YOUR MOTHER AND BROTHER ACTUALLY DIED I AM SO VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOST, AND EVEN MORE SORRY FOR MENTIONING IT. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY FREE TO CHANGE THE ENTIRE BACKGROUND OF THE STORY. BUT THAT IS WHY YOUR MOM IS NEVER MENTIONED.*

I was all alone after that dreadful day. Then dad started losing it. Only after two years did we both start over and pick up our lives from then on. We never told this story to anyone.

Even Seri, queen of gossip, kept her big mouth shut. Maybe because this would not only ruin her reputation, but put her in the adoption centre, and her mother in jail.

Fucking bitch.

"You do know, Neji and I are well. Together right?" No way. "I-I..." "aww he didn't tell you? His best friend of 2 year?!" Seri did a dramatic gasp. "How sad!" I glared even more rolling my eyes. "I don't exactly give a shit. Oh, and did Neji ask you out to the Summer Dance?" I asked. Seri smirked.

"Not yet!"

Bad choice of answer idiot. "Something's telling me he won't be asking your ass that anytime today." She gave me a look. "Watch yourself y/n."

She walked off all high and mighty. High and mighty my ass.

When I entered my home that afternoon my father bombarded me with questions on how my day went. "Well, Neji asked me to the Summer Dance." I said to him. Dad squealed. "Are you two finally together?!" I frowned. "He doesn't know I have a crush on him. We're going as friends."

Dad frowned with me. "Dammit. Single for life until 30 huh?"

"Bruh! Daddy! That is not cool!" He laughed wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Ah cheer up love. Tell you what. Your mom had a dress put up in a box years ago. This dress, was for you. On your 16th birthday! Eh, you're 15 but screw it."

We walked up the stairs heading to the storage closet. He opened it and stretched to the top shelf, taking down a box. Dad handed over to box and I opened it. "Wow." "I know right!" It was a short black dress, with white lilies scattered all over it creating this majestic look.

"Is this really mine?" I asked him. Dad looked down at me and smiled brightly. "Of course. Your mom would have been so proud. I bet you'd look pretty too. Seri would be eating those words next week Friday." I grinned hugging him. "Thanks Dad." "Anytime Sunshine."