Chapter 8

♧Neji's Pov♧

All the time y/n and I were in the car she did nothing but text on her phone. It really bothered me. I tried starting up a conversation but she always got distracted by a message. At that moment she reminded me of someone.

She was kind of acting like Seri.

"Hey babe, we're almost there." I told her. Y/n looked up from her phone and flashed me a quick smile. "Oh baby that's great! I'm starving!" I parked in the parking area of the restaurant and got out the car. I open the door for y/n but she doesn't budge.

Still looking down at her phone. "Ehm!" Clearing my throat loudly seemed to have caught her attention. "We're here." I told her. She smiled at me again and got out the car locking it behind her. Then and only then did she slip her phone into her pocket.

"Where are we?" She asked. "This is Suna's Guest. A restaurant from Sunagakure. One of the Sand Siblings own here!" I told her. Y/n nodded her slowly taking it all in. "Come on let's go inside!"

We entered through the doors and were greeted by the mouth watering smell of freshly baked donuts. A girl with short blonde hair, ends of her hair dyed blue, and big brown eyes stared at us. She wore a neat suit and bow tie. "Welcome to Suna's Guest."

She didn't sound too happy to be working here. "Table for two please!" I said to her. She sighed and gave a slight eye roll. "Right this way sir and madam." The girl took us to a table and we sat. She turned and walked away.

Y/n stared at me. "Is it just me, or is she having a bad day?" Y/n asked. "Maybe she hates her job?" I responded with a question. "Hm..." y/n started to tap her fingers on the table.

I lifted the menu and shook it before her. "Let's order shall we?" She nodded and picked up her own menu. "Breakfast special, okay?" I reminded.

"Right. Oh! Look at this. They got waffles, sausages and scrambled eggs! Can I get that one?" She asked me. "Order away my love." I was too busy deciding what to order, when a shadow came upon our table.

"Hello. My name is Charley and I will be your waitress for the day. What would you like to order?" She sounded dull, just like that first girl. I looked up and nearly showed how shocked I was.

Charley and the girl looked exactly alike, except Charley dyed the end of her hair purple. "I'd like the waffles, sausages and scrambled eggs please!" Y/n ordered. "I'll take the omelet, sausages and pancake."

Charley began taking down our orders. "What would you like to drink with that?" She asked us again. Same monotone voice. "I'll take the tea." Y/n said. "I'll have the cocoa!" "Small, medium or large?" Charley asked us.

"Medium." Y/n and I said at the same time. Charley turned and left. The moment she was out of sight y/n grabbed my hand. "Twins!" "Yeah, I noticed."

Y/n then itched her hair. "Gotta wash this piece of shit." "Language!" I warned. "I was thinking," y/n started. "Just look at those sisters. They have a job." I shook my head. "Yeah so? Your point exactly?"

"A job for the summer! That would be fun. I'll be making extra money for dad and I. Plus, I can pay you back for all the money you spent on me!" That comment alone put a smile on my face.

"You don't have to pay me back y/n. What I do for you I do out of love. You already covered your debts by returning my love." I leaned in and kissed her soft lips, glad that she kissed me back.

Sometimes this girl drove me crazy. I love it. I love her.

"Here you go. Your waffle, sausage and scrambled eggs. Your pancake, sausage and omelet. Your medium sized tea and cocoa. Enjoy your brunch." She walked off after putting our brunch out on the table.

Y/n looked just as excited to try out her food. I was too. After she took her first bite and started eating more of it I took this as an opportunity to try mine too. "Oh my God!" A girl with plantanium blonde hair in two spiky puffs ran over to us.

Her light brown eyes were filled with worry. Around her waist was the Suna headband. She wore strange clothes. "What's wrong?!" She asked me.

"Nothing." I told her. "But you yelled oh my God!" I was tempted to roll my eyes. "It's an expression." "Why did you yell that?" God this girl was getting on my nerves.

"Because the food is amazing? Who are you anyway. Up in my business!" She stared at me. "Ah why didn't yah just say so! Hi, I'm Temari no Shabaku! Owner of this fine restaurant!" She shook my hand.

"Nice eyes." She began to flirt. I pulled my hand away. "Yeah I know."

Temari turned to y/n and y/n stared at her in disgust. "Sorry I didn't see you there! Name's Temari!" Y/n didn't bother shake her hand. "Okay." She responded.

Temari pointed to us two. "On a date?" She asked. "Yes." Y/n hissed. "Sorry for interrupting!" She quickly left and I stared at y/n. "What was that all about?" I asked her. "Oh, nothing."

****

♧Your pov♧

[Time skip...]

I stand at the entrance of the mall, waiting for my new friends. They came walking over about three minutes later. I only saw Jessica, Suigetsu, Kim, and an unknown girl with purple hair and amber eyes.

"Yo y/n!" Jessica yelled to me. She started to run and we hugged each other. "Hey Jessica!" Suigetsu came over and pulled Jessica away. "Aye. No slobbering all over the newbie."

"It's cool! I like Jessica." "Yeah, we talked pretty much all the time!" Kim butted in. "Ohhh, so that's who you were texting! Thought it was some boy." The unknown girl stood silent.

Suigetsu pulled her forward and smiled at me. "This is Konan. Second in command to our gang." Konan outstretched her hand. "Nice to meet you. Newbie." I shake her hand. Man she has a tight grip!

"I'm y/n." "It's a pleasure to see new blood. Hopefully. Nagato will accept you." Her words sent chills down my spine.

"Where are the others?" I asked Suigetsu. "Eh. Couldn't make it. It's just us! Now let's go!"

We all spent the entire afternoon running in and out of different shops. Vandalizing. We went to the back of the mall and Suigetsu handed me a black hoodie with red and white clouds on it. "This looks super dope!"

"It's our logo." Konan told me. "Noice!" That's why she's wearing a tank top that looks like this hoodie.

I wore the hoodie and felt really warm. The others wore hoodies too. Kim gave each of us spray paint and commanded, "come on let's do the logo on their wall!"

"Uh, isn't this illegal?" I asked them. "You better start spraying. You riding with this crew then you have to do as we do. Got that?" Kim told me. "Yes sir." I started spraying on the wall doing different clouds.

When we were done, a loud whistle alarmed us. Two men dressed like cops ran after us. "Hey! You damn kids! Stop doing graffiti on our damn walls!"

We all ran. We jumped over the fence and scurried to our rides. I jumped on my motorcycle and Jessica got behind me. The cops came running. Still chasing us.

"Closest house!" Kim yelled as he started his van. "Mine!" Suigetsu yelled back. He drove off speeding away and I followed. "ALRIGHT! BYE SUCKERS!!" Jessica screamed back at them.

We took a short cut and lost em. Then we arrived at Suigetsu's little apartment. The first thing I smelt around there made my nose twitch. It was weed.

"Welcome to my crib." Suigetsu said. I got off the motorcycle and so did Jessica. We walked over to Suigetsu and he opened his door. "Mi casa is your casa! Make yourselves at home guys!"

We sat in the living room and he came back from the kitchen with five bottles of beer. "Here." He gave each of us one and popped one for himself. Guess I gotta drink this. I opened the bottle with my finger then drank it too.

Fuck it burnt.