Chapter 7

♧Your Pov♧

Today was Tuesday. Yesterday, Neji and I went to the Arcade and played video games with his friends. I lost a few and won a lot! The guys gave me strange looks though. Like, unwanted looks. I tried to ignore and just focus on one thing.

Beating all their asses!!

Which I did do.

I slept in today and spent my entire day watching TV. Not caring much about the time. When I was in the middle of my favourite series MOM, I got a message.

____________________________________

Unknown: hey

Me: who is this? How did you get my number?

Unknown: this is Ten-ten. Neji gave me your number.

Me: Why?

At that moment I saved her number.

Twobuns (cause her hair's always in two buns): the dress code for the party is this. Long dress. It must be brown. Hair style, it has to be a messy bun. Shoes has to be slippers.

Me: ummm....why are we supposed to dress old?

Twobuns: cause I said so. Bye

Me: okay bye.

I was nearly tempted to call her a bitch.

The sound of my dad moving around in the kitchen made me look up. He exited and in his hands he held toast. "Had breakfast yet honey?" He asked me. "Yes dad!" Dad walked over and sat beside me. "Good. You got any plans for tonight?" Dad asked yet again.

"Well. I was supposed to go to Ten-ten's party but apparently there's this weird dress code and I don't think I'm allowed there." I told him.

Dad rubbed his short beard. "Hm...lemme see that dress code." I showed him the message and he nodded. "Seems as though she's trying to set you up." I rose a brow at him. "What makes you say that dad?"

"I know a scum bag when I see one. Also, ain't Neji supposed to pick you up? Call him up. Find out if there really is a dress code or not!" I called Neji later on and his phone rung out. "I'm not getting through." "Call the Hyūga residence then."

Dad got me a directory and I searched for Hyūga. After entering their home number it started to ring. Five minutes later someone answers the phone.

"What's up fellow ninja! This is the Hyūga residence! How may I assist you?!" It sounded like a girl, but she had this boyish voice. "Hi! Is Neji Hyūga there? I'd like to speak with him please." There was a really long sigh on the other end.

"Hold on please." After six minutes someone else came to the phone. "Hello?" A man's voice. Is it Neji? "Um Neji?" There was silence. Now this was really getting embarrassing.

"This is not Neji. This is Hiashi Hyūga. Head of the Hyūga clan. Who is this and what do you want?"

Ah shit. Okay. "I'm y/n l/n. I'm uh...a friend of Neji's. I wanted to ask Neji a question. About the party tonight. If they had a dress code or not-" "CHILD! You have disturbed my peace and my family's peace by calling this phone just to find out about a stupid DRESS CODE?! L/n you say?! Do me a favour and never call this number again!"

The line went dead and I felt my cheeks heat in embarrassment. Dad stared at me waiting for an answer. "Neji s-said that we had no dress code." His lips formed a smile. "I knew it! Come on, let's go get you clothes!"