XX: few stars less

AND REALLY, TIME FLEW BY AND LYRA HAD FOUND HERSELF IN DEEPER TROUBLE THAN EVER.

''RUN! Run if you want to live!'' she whispered frantically at the three of them, loud enough for them to hear, before turning around to cast a look on Dolohov and Jugson. They were running towards Harry, Neville and Hermione as fast as they could and if those three weren't fast enough, they wouldn't live another moment along with the prophecy.

The stupid prophecy, which brought in so much chaos that Lyra found herself in Ministry in a blink of eye. Literally.

''The door, Harry!'' she heard Hermione yell as two more Death Eaters burst in, and to her disgust: they were grinning broadly.

Before either of them could react, Harry, Neville and Hermione were thrown backards with such force that Lyra thought they were dead. Neville disappeared out of view, Hermione smashed into bookcase and Harry slammed into the wall, his head swinging back and forth.

''WE'VE GOT HIM'' yelled Dolohov triumphantly as Lyra stood next to him bewildered. ''IN AN OFFICE OFF — ''

''Silencio! '' cried Hermione, and the man's voice was extinguished. He continued to mouth through the hole in his mask, but no sound came out; he was thrust aside by his fellow.

''Petrificus Totalus!'' shouted Harry, at the second Mulciber raised his wand. His arms and legs snapped together and he fell forward, facedown onto the rug at Harry's feet, stiff as a board and unable to move at all.

''Well done, Ha — ''

But Dolohov, although mute, made a sudden slashing movement with his wand from which flew a streak of purple flame. It passed right across Hermione's chest; she gave a tiny ''oh!'' as though of surprise and then crumpled onto the floor where she lay motionless, barely breathing.

''Are you going to stand all day? MOVE!'' Avery yelled at her as she shot him an enraged look, not even daring to look at Harry's face. What is the boy going to think of her now?

I'm sorry, Neville, Lyra muttered to herself and kicked him in the face as he gave a yelp of pain and fell over, clutching his broken wand. It was her or him, and Lyra wasn't playing games with her death.

Dolohov cracked his long face into a twisted grin at Harry who turned around, clutching his wand and anxiously watching him point at the prophecy then himself and then Hermione - he made it clear; the prophecy or he dies.

Lyra felt her stomach sink; she had to do something or they were going to die. As Lyra was contemplating her thoughts, the door erupted open and Lyra, Dolohov and Avery dived for the floor to avoid explosion, and by the time they got down, the three of them were already gone with prophecy by their side. Avery was the first one to recover.

''You lead the way, Lestrange.'' he snarled at her, nudging her with his foot to move and stand up. ''I would love to see your mommy's look when she sees they fleed.''

She knew he didn't like her, especially after she had driven his son Blade insane after he met her at Manor. Not that she felt any pity for him. He was an asshole.

''I would hold my tongue if I were you.''

''Zip it, you two. We have a bigger problem.'' Dolohov hissed, making his way towards the circular, stone-cold room. They entered the icy room, and Lyra's heart dropped to her feet: they were actually going to win. And the children were going to die.

''Ah, but you're late to the party!'' Bellatrix exclaimed tauntingly as they drifted towards the centre. On a second, Lyra thought of throwing a snarky remark to Avery about fleeing, but she controlled herself - it would not be smart to show he actually knew these people in front of Harry.