chapter seven!

genesis jones had never been in love.

she knew she hadn't, but she was prepared in case she did.

she had four playlists prepared for any occasion of love.

for when you're falling in love.

when they don't love you back.

when they fall out of love

when you fall out of love.

today, gen had one earphone in all day, listening to the for when you're falling in love playlist. it was a saturday, so she visited her favorite woman, in her favorite book store.

the woman seemed to notice something off about the girl. gen didn't expect it, but she knew it right away.

"you're in love, aren't you?"

gen was taken aback. "well, i wouldn't say that."

"tell me about them."

"she's perfect." she sighed. "it's just everything about her. her beauty. not like, just facial features. i mean, she has a very nice face, but her personality is just..."

"let me guess," the woman said, "perfect?"

"yeah," gen let out an airy breath, "perfect."

the woman chuckled. "you're definitely in love."

gen gasped. "i've known her for two months!"

"that's enough time. i fell in love with the love of my life in three hours."

"tell me about them."

the woman grabbed gen's hand, leading her to the back where there was three beat up bean bags. gen sat in the red one, the woman sitting down in the green one.

"his name was ronald. i met him at a party, but we both left because it wasn't either of our places. both of our friends had dragged us there." she sighed, and gen almost thought she might cry. she knew the woman wouldn't though, she wasn't one to cry. "we snuck off to a diner. our time there felt like three minutes, but it had been two hours. after knowing him for that long, i was sure that i was in love with him. and i was."

the woman took a long pause, staring down at the ground.

"what happened then?"

"oh, well of course we spent the rest of our lives together!" she laughed as if the question was absurd. "well, we were supposed to." the laugh suddenly turned to a frown. "one day we got into a big fight. he left me alone and drove away. he got into a crash that night." the woman went silent, and gen thought herself stupid for thinking that the woman wasn't one to cry. when she looked up, she wasn't. "i wish i just could've said goodbye."

"well," gen starts, still curious, "how did you know that i was in love?"

"one day, while he was still there, i got a good look of myself in the mirror. my eyes had this sparkle there that was never there before. i saw that sparkle in your eyes today."

the two fell into a silence, and gen thought that it was about time to leave. she almost stood up, but then the woman stood up, tears running down her face.

"please, give her all the love you can before she's not there. don't let her go."

gen had never been more shocked, or sad. she wanted to bring back the man she loved and give her a second chance.

"promise me, you'll never let her go. unless you absolutely have to."

"i promise."

-

sadie sink was nervous.

her crush was meeting the rest of her friends. she knew that they would love her, but she didn't know if she would love them.

she was in finn's basement, explaining her situation to her friends while setting up the snacks.

"so you told her you have a crush on me to deny the fact that you're madly in love with her?" finn asked.

sadie took off her sandal and threw it at him. "i'm not madly in love with her dumbass. i just have a major crush."

the group all give each other sarcastic side eyes, then noah let out a sarcastic "sure" but sadie knew he was speaking for everyone.

"well she's gonna be here any moment. if any of you mess this up for me i'll curse you."

a knock sounded from the door, causing sadie to go bounding up.

she came back down with a blonde, blue-eyed girl. her eyes immediately fell on finn, a hint of jealousy hidden in her eyes.

everyone introduced themselves, and everyone but sadie seemed to notice a small frown on her face as finn introduced himself.

after introductions were finished, everyone sat down on the couch to watch movies. everyone except sadie and gen, who were forced to sit on the small bean bag a little bit away from the couch.

no room, sorry said noah in a sarcastic way. gen didn't notice the tone, but sadie did. when gen wasn't looking, she made a motion towards noah that told him that he was definitely dead after she left.

by the end of the movie marathon, everyone was asleep except sadie and finn. gen was cuddled up into sadie's side, which sadie knew she would regret once she awoke.

from across the room, finn whisper yelled. "she totally likes you!"

"what makes you say that?"

"she totally hates me. it's because she thinks you like me. and let's not forget the fact that she's literally cuddled right next to you!"

"whatever," sadie rolled her eyes, looking back to gen. she looked peaceful as ever, giving sadie a sense of peace. soon, sadie was asleep as well.