CHAPTER 3: THE PENCIL

Y/N nodded her head as she started to speak with such elegance, she spoke with such excitement as she started to describe who she was and how she wanted to be.

"My personality seems to be a provider type, I tend to give when needed to give."

"But is that what you want to be a provider?"

She looks up to meet my gaze as she gives me a big smile reaching to her eyes.

"I suppose not." Y/N started to fiddle with her fingers a bit as she started to grow nervous. It seemed strange to me how a robot can feel nervous and grow to be shy I guess technology that was being made in the lab that my father works in is more advanced.

"Then how would you like to be?" Y/N grabbed the same pencil that was on my desk lifting it to her face.

"Like this pencil" I gave her a confused expression as I grabbed the pencil from her hands.

"Y/N that is a pencil it can't feel anything."

"Just like me."

"No you can feel maybe not human emotions but you feel things, the pencil can't it just stays still until it is used by someone."

"The purpose of this pencil is to be used by someone?" Y/N gives me a confused look as she asked her question.

"Exactly"

"Then the pencil has no real purpose unless it is used?" I nodded as a response as she looked down at the pencil.

"What a poor pencil."

I laughed as she felt sorry for the pencil, I hadn't laughed in years it was strange to me.
"Do you eat?" I asked curiously as she stared blankly at me blinking her eyes.

"I am not capable of such things." I nodded as I leaned back onto my chair staring her down.

"How do you exactly develop your own personality can it evolve?" She tilted her head slightly as she took the pencil into her hands holding it tightly.

"I grow to be more advanced as I speak to you."

"I don't understand" I gave her a confused expression as I waited for her response.

"I learn and I evolve, in this case I'm learning from you and my personality will only grow by the way I am raised by you." Y/N places the pencil back onto the table.

"So your like a kid?"

"Somewhat but I contain much more knowledge then a child."

I hummed as a response as I stood up from my seat. "I'm going to eat." Y/N nodded her head she watched as I made my way downstairs for a meal.

I went into the kitchen opening some cabinets and pulling out some snacks, I hear footsteps behind me so I turned to see who it was.

"Mother?" She gave me a smile as she started to grab a snack as well from the cabinet.

"How is that robot thing?" She asked as she grabbed onto a couple of bags. I grabbed onto all of the snacks and looked down as I spoke to her.

"Did Father really think that this would help with my depression?" I grew angry thinking about it, how could he show me no love and make a robot for me to "help" with my condition.

"He's simply trying to connect with you, it's his way of showing he cares." I give my mother an irritated look as I scoffed knowing that my father didn't care at all.

"Are you ready to go back to school..you can take that robot with you?" My eyes went wide as her words struck me, I felt as if a Boulder was placed on top of my body.

"Your sending me back?"

"It's been months, almost a year now the doctor says you improved so maybe you can go start over a new chapter." My mother gives me a smile as she walked away leaving her words ringing in my ears.

I carry my snacks making my way back into my bedroom to see Y/N smiling at me happily. Her smile soon fades away starring into my eyes.

"I sense fear, sadness, overwhelming thought, are you alright?" Y/N gives me a bit of a concerned look. I place the snacks down onto my bed. I didn't respond to her I just sat onto my bed letting my tv play a random show as I was deep in thought.

Y/N walks over to me sitting on the side of my bed as her hand was now placed onto mine.
"Kim Taehyung, I understand that you feel obligated to not express what you are feeling, but I was created for this, you may speak openly to me."

I sigh and sat up from my bed, did she really believe I would open up to her? She doesn't have a soul or feelings how could I I'd be speaking to cold air, but then I realized maybe that's what I need, instead of talking to myself in a meaningless way, I could talk meaningless to her.

"Y/N I'm depressed, my mother is sending me back to school where my depression began."

Y/N squeezes onto my hand with her own.
"Are you afraid Kim Taehyung?" Her voice was so elegant, it sounded so beautifully when she spoke, it was a calming sensation you would get if you heard it.

"N-no, I just don't wanna go back to my past."

"What is your past Kim Taehyung?"

"Depression."

"But you have it now."

"So."

"That means it's It's your present as well as your past."

I stare at her blankly, she was made to help me but how Exactly is this helping me?

"If you are to attend school, I can Accompany you to help you maintain composer." I scoffed a bit at her Proposal on attending school with me.

"No that would be weird bringing a robot with me." A thought soon entered my head maybe they didn't have to know.

"Maybe they don't need to know.." I say while looking over at Y/N who lifted her eyebrow.

"I am not programmed to lie."

"You won't be lying, you just won't say the truth."

"I believe that is the exact purpose of lying."

I place my hands to my temples messaging them as I tried to think of a way to get Y/N to lie about being an Robot.

"Okay think of it like this, you just won't be saying anything about it, no one will have reason to believe that your a robot your too realistic."

"Alright If that's what you wish."