♛16♛

Principal: Alright. Thank you.

The principal walked off. Colby started to pace around the hallway still close to his classroom. What was he going to do. He lied to the principal he should've just said the truth to begin with so there would be mo worries. Whoever did this was out for you two and Colby wanted to stop this as soon as he could.

A hand had been placed on Colby's shoulder. Confused again, he turned around and saw you trying to calm him down.

Colby: What are you doing out here, you need to go back in there!

He whisper shouted not trying to get the other classroom's attentions.

You: I saw you pacing the hallways and I just wanted to make sure you're okay.

Colby: I'm not okay! Not okay whatsoever!

He breathed heavily pacing again.

You: Want to tell me what happened?

Colby turned to face you but just put his hand on the doorknob.

Colby: I've wasted enough time already I'll tell you later.

You entered back into the classroom as the door shut behind you, no Colby to be seen. Emma came up to you to ask you what was wrong with him, you were as just as confused as Emma was now.

You: I don't know he wouldn't tell me. And now I don't think he's coming back. For today at least.

Colby's POV (surprise!)

I couldn't be at that school right now. I couldn't go home right now.

'I just need to walk for a bit and think things over before I panic too much.' I thought.

Before I even think about leaving the school at the moment I would need to tell the principal I would be leaving early so I don't worry her either. But I really would rather not encounter her right now after how I acted around her. I'd just have to do it, I couldn't stay here unless people wanted to see me panic.

I would also have to tell the incident to y/n later. I would much rather not say anything but it's better for her to know sooner. It was enough that I pushed her away earlier that she's concerned for me. I don't want that.

I've been overthinking things for so long that I didn't even realize I was right in front of the principal's office. I calmed my heavy breathing and knocked before entering, seeing her sitting by her desk working on whatever they work on.

Principal: Oh, Colby. I thought I told you-

I cut her off. I didn't want to hear some stupid lecture from her again. Those feel like someone's talking for hours while you just zone out barely paying attention.

Colby: I know,

I placed my hand on my head to stop myself from panicking more.

Colby: I don't think I'll be able to teach for the rest of the day, things are overwhelming and it's making me panic

I thought about the person seeing us through the small door window. I thought about what might've happened if I said yes. I thought about if they knew who I kissed. My breathing hitched, both of my hands now conjoined to my head. It felt as if I could barely breath, more thoughts racing into my mind. How would y/n react if I told her someone saw us. My vision got blurrier by the second, voices now muffled, barely audible for me. I backed up into something I couldn't tell what, hands still on my head trying to regain my breath. Hands had touched my shoulder, or at least I thought, they were trying to help me calm down but it just wouldn't work because I couldn't hear them.

'Why did I get so worked up about someone watching y/n and I kiss?' I tried thinking. I looked around for something to hold to also regain my balance that I was loosing. I couldn't quite see either but I saw that figure in front of me and placed one of my arms onto their shoulders like they did mine. I just wish this was over.

But it wasn't even close to over, it felt as if it was getting worse as the minutes go by. I felt my body be brought down into some sorta chair but all I did was harshly grip the other person's shoulder more. Hands had left my shoulders most likely the person trying to get help.

I tried different tactics to calm myself down. I tried breathing through my nose but it felt as if my breathing had been cut off.

-

After what felt like ages my breathing steadied and I was starting to return back to Earth. My vision had become more clearer and so did the noises from different materials. Shoulders I could actually see this time, were placed once again on my shoulders.

Principal: Colby, Colby, you good now? I tried calling-

Colby: Yes. I'm fine.

Was all I said to her

I tried 😅