CHAPTER #11 | Sneaking Out

After we had dinner, I left to my room. I don't belong here. I'm not a killer like the rest of them. I'm going to visit my family, what's left of it anyway.

I hope my mom will believe me. She doesn't think I could actually kill my siblings, does she? I mean sure, I hated them in that sibling way, but I wouldn't kill them.

(Outfit)

(Outfit)

I'm about to leave my room when Jerome comes in.

"What do you want?" I groan. I didn't have the time for his nonsense.

"Where are you going?" He ignored my question and asked with a smile.

"None of your business." I said. I go to leave my room, but he blocks my way. "Go away Jerome. Just leave me alone."

"Tell me where your going first."

I sighed in annoyance. "I'm going to see someone."

"Is there a boyfriend I should worry about?" Jerome teases. "Oh who am I kidding? He doesn't stand a chance."

I roll my eyes and shove past him, he doesn't stop me. "I'm going home." I say quietly enough to myself so Jerome doesn't hear.

I find my way to my old house. It looks like my parents still live there. I walk up and freeze before I knock on the door. I stay frozen, my knuckles only an inch away from the door. I take a deep breath and knock.

No one answers. I knock again. Maybe no ones home. To make sure, I look through the window. I can get a look of the couch and see my mother passed out. I step away and look at the window to my room. I had snuck out before, so I already knew how to sneak in. It's pretty easy since there's a small tree on the side of the house and my window's right next to it.

I climb the tree, open the window and sneak in. When my feet hit the floor, I hear something snap. I stepped on a plastic clothing hanger. I look around and see that my room is trashed. Everything was completely torn apart. There was a hole in the wall. Obviously my mom or dad had gotten angry and recked it, because it wasn't me.

I walk out my room and go downstairs where my mom was on the couch barely awake with a bottle of scotch in hand. When she saw me, she stood instantly.

"What that hell are you doing here?" She said. I was taken back by the rudeness of her voice.

"I came home. I live here." I replied.

"You mean you lived here, you belong in the nuthouse."

"Wha-? Mom! I didn't do it." I defended.

"Oh don't give that bull crap. The police found you covered in your brother's and sister's blood with there, there bodies in the next room!" She yelled, almost crying.

"No mom. I didn't do it." I stepped towards her.

She stepped away and shook her head. "Stay away from me! You killed my children! You're, you're-" she looked for words.

"I'm your child too." I said quietly. "I'm your daughter."

"You're not my daughter!" She yelled. "You're a monster!"

"I didn't do it! I'm still your daughter! Please believe me!"

She shook her head and steadied her breath. "Get out." She said lowly

"What?"

"Get out before I call the cops. And don't you ever come back here. I don't ever wanna see your face again."

"I-" I stammered. But then decided to leave. Well that was over quickly. Before I knew it, there were tears pouring out my eyes as I ran out the house.

No one believes you.

I stormed back into the penthouse, ignoring all the looks I was getting from everyone I passed. The more time I had alone, the more angry I became.

"Ava. There you are. We were wondering where you ran off to." Theo said to me.

"Fuck off!" I shoved past him and stormed in my room, slamming the door behind me.