Faint

I rushed into work throwing my hair up into a messy bun. "Jim I'm so sorry. The baby sitters car broke down so I had to take Tom-"

"I don't care Gemma. Go help them with the merch table, intermission starts in a few minutes." I nodded rushing to the lobby.

"Hi, I'm so sorry I'm late. I'm Gemma, I work here." I said scared.

"It's all good," a guy smiled. "Help me grab the last few boxes." I nodded and followed him out into the heat. I felt so sick, I needed this job. I knew Jim was teetering to fire me if only my youtube would pick up some I could quit this shitty place. I shake my head getting rid of waist full dreams as I grabbed a box taking it back into the slightly cooler theatre.

Once the merch was set up I glanced at it and I couldn't recognize the logo, I didn't remember who was performing. I couldn't care less either, I just needed to focus on getting my work done. As the crowd let out and made my way toward the green rooms, I wasn't really allowed back there but m sugar was down, I could feel it. I had apple juice back in the kitchen. I sneaked my way back there checking behind me before I closed the door.

"Hey-"

"Fuck." I jumped holding my chest. "I'm sorry... I didn't think anyone would be back here."

"It's ok, are you alright?" She asked. I felt like I could collapse at any second.

"Yeah." I smiled nodding. "I just... feel a little ill I need to grab something."

"Here." She stood up in time to guide me to land on the chair, not on the floor.

"I have low sugar. I have apple juice over there, I'm fine though." I said.

"Here." She said passing me a piece of chocolate.

"I'm vegan." I said.

"Really?" She questioned, and I rolled my eyes. "What?" She laughed.

"That's not why I have low sugar." I said.

"Well, I don't have low sugar." She said and I looked up at her.

"Your vegan?" I asked and she offered me the chocolate again. I took it and smiled.

"Thanks." I said taking a bite, She smiled at me and I looked away feeling awkward. She went to the fridge and I stood up. "No, you've done enough its ok."

"No." She pointed at me as I grabbed onto the table. I crossed my arms and she laughed again, she passed me a glass of juice and I thanked her drinking it quickly.

"I need to get back to work." I said laying the glass in the sink.

"Are you sure your ok?" I nodded.

"Thanks, a lot." I smiled and she smiled too. I walked out the door and as I closed it Jim was walking towards me.

"Where the fuck was you?"

"My sugar dropped and I-"

"You are not supposed to be back here when there's an artist here you know how uptight they are. Had Billie seen you?"

"No? No one saw me only a girl in there."

"Get the fuck back to work." He said. I quickly went back out front, I had no idea what is probably was. There was literally nothing for me to do, besides, stand around and kiss ass. But this crew and artist was the best ever because no one was bitching.

"Need help with anything?" I asked a guy who was looking around confused.

"No thanks, I'm good." He smiled.

"Let me know if you need anything." I smiled.

"Will do." He said.

"Hey." Lilly said walking over to me, she is Jim's daughter. And proof that the apple can fall far from the tree.

"Hey." The guy said walking back other to me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Can we get a case of water?"

"Sure, um... there kinda backstage, do I need to talk to my manager."

"It's ok. I'll deal with dad." Lilly said. I cocked an eyebrow and walked with the guy. I looked back at Lilly and she was smiling like a crazy lady. I rolled my eyes and went with him. I led us to the back storage area and grabbed a case of water handing it to the guy and I grabbed another one and I followed him backstage. He laid his case on the table and I laid mine on the floor.

"Hey!" The girl from the kitchen said walking over.

"Hey, Bil." The guy said.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me.

"I'm fine." I smiled.

"You still look kinda sick." She said.

"No, I'm fine." I nodded and she smiled lightly.

"Billie!" A guy yelled.

"I'll see you after?" She nodded walking away. I watched her walk onto the stage and confused I started putting two and two together.