Save you

My head was pounding and I knew it was about to get worst. I pulled into her driveway and looked at the clock, I have four minutes to drop and run. I grabbed tom who was again asleep and his bag. "Mom," I said walking into the house.

"Hi honey, you want something to eat?" She asked.

"No, I'm late thanks." I smiled. "Are you sure you don't mind?" I asked.

"I'm sure, here." She took him he nuzzled in. "Awe he had a long day at the park hu?" She coo'ed. 

"I gotta go love you thanks." I said kissing her cheek and toms head then I ran out the door. Be damned I was going to be late today.

6:24 I pulled into the parking lot and ran inside. Jim was already walking towards me, shit he saw the video. "Why are you here?"

"You said, as I was able to disperse that I had a week of work left."

"Take the video down. Now."

"Are you still going to fire me?" I questioned.

"Of course."

"Well, no."

"Dad." Lilly walked in. "Um, Jill called in sick." She said. Jim looked from me to Lilly.

"This is your last day." I flashed a smile even though I was dying, perhaps even already dead inside. I went to the merch table and the guy I helped yesterday was there looking through a box.

"hey, do you need help with anything?"

"Um, could you help me take this box to the back meet and greet area?" He asked. I nodded and looked up to see Jim looking at me. I followed... I feel like Lilly told me his name... I don't know. I followed him to the back and as I laid the box down I felt a hand on me. I turned quickly and seen Billie, she pulled me tightly into a hug.

"I'm so happy you're here are you ok?" She asked.

"I'm g-"

"Say your good I'll slap you." She laughed.

"I'm... fine." I smiled lightly. 

"I can't believe he's going to fire you."

"What?" I asked pulling away.

"I... Um seen your video."

"You watched my video? Your the celebrity shouldn't I be creeping you?" I said and she laughed hard.

"Man, you're so funny." She said. "By the way, he's not my boyfriend." She said pointing to the guy from yesterday, who also brought me back here. "He's my brother."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"it's ok." She smiled. she grabbed a grape of the snack table and held it out to me.

"I should get back to work." I said quietly already scared that Jim will see me here.

"You're going to be my personal assistant for the day." She smiled proud with her thought, she was adorable.

"Oh, am I going to be paid well." I teased and she cocked an eyebrow.

"In Billie Eilish merch!" She shouted pulling off her beanie and putting it on my head, and she fixed my hair around it making me for some reason giggle.

"I really don't think this goes with my outfit." I said looking at my black jeans and maroon V-neck.

"Dude fuck that, wear what makes you comfortable. who cares what people think, look at me." She said.

"I love what you're wearing." I said looking her up and down. "Not sure about the nails." I smiled she laughed.

"It started out as a joke, but." She shrugged.

"Soundcheck." A guy said and she nodded.

"Be back in a bit." As she walked away I looked around, she is so joyful and happy... she had a weird effect on me.

"Hi, I'm Maggie Billie's mom." Smiled a woman walking towards me.

"Hi, I'm Gemma." I said as she shook my hand then hugged me.

"Wait your the one who's getting fired?" Billies brother said walking over.

"your billies brother right?" I asked and he nodded smiling.

"Yep,  Finneas." He said shaking my hand. proper introductions now out of the way. I was expecting the awkwardness to set in but it didn't, it felt so natural.

"I'm hungry." Billie said walking over to me an her mother and brother who were talking small talk.

"Gemma, can I speak to you a minute." Jim said looking around the room. I followed him out into the hall.

"Jim-"

"No, did last night man nothing to you I told you to stay away from back here in case the artist seen you, now your back there fucking chatting it up? This will come back on my ass for letting fan in there. you fucking know how singers are."

"How exactly are we?" Billie said sticking her head around the door.

"Uh, um." Billie raised an eyebrow and she turned me to face her, I looked at her as she reached over unhooking my badge and passing it to Jim.

"She quits." Billie said.

"I quit?" I said and she nodded nudging me. "Yeah, I quit." I said.

"You can't quit during your shift." He said reaching for me, Finneas grabbed my arm pulling me back towards Billie.

"She's our guest now. Come on Gemma." He said. Jim went to speak but Finneas pulled me with him back behind the stage.