E-mail

Billie picked at her rings for a few minutes then she looked up at me. "So..." she looked over at me and I kept my eyes averted. "Tom is adorable."

"I know, he's such a good baby too." I smiled.

"How... old are you?" I hated this question. Because then questions about Tom and my past come up.

"I'm... almost 24."

"You've mentioned a baby sitter." She caught on fast. "Tom's father not... in the picture?"

"No, I'm... all Tom knows."

"He really loves you." She nodded. I watched her pick at her hands and I was transfixed.

"How old are you?" I asked lifting my eyes to meet hers that were already on me.

"Seventeen." Fuck.

"Seventeen?" I questioned.

"Yeah." She nodded, she looked so serious.

"Wow, I thought you were at least..."

"Legal?" She asked and I laughed nodding.

"Actually yes, but not in that way." I said causing her to laugh.

"Nope, not till December." She smiled. I heard Tom start to cry so I quickly went to him.

"Baby, wake up. I'm right here." His eyes shot open and as soon as he saw me he wrapped his arms around my neck. I picked him up and wrapped the blanket around him.

"Mum." He said looking up at me.

"Tom... baby we don't use that word remember," I said and he nodded against my chest. I went back outside with tom covered up in my arms.

"Did you have a bad dream?" Billie asked and he nodded looking over at her.

"Mommy?" He said looking toward me. I chewed on my lip kissing his head and laying it on my chest he stuck his thumb in his mouth and closed his eyes. I wanted to cry, I knew this was going to happen. It knew it. I quickly blinked.

"Hey." Billie leaned over putting her hand on my knee.

"Hum?" I said looking toward her.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing." I mustered a smile. She went to speak but her phone vibrated. Her eyes flicked over a text.

"I gotta go to the arena."

"Ok." I faked a smile.

"As soon as he wakes up come down ok?" I nodded. She smiled down at me and let herself out, then the tears came slowly. I brought the chairs in and I grabbed my laptop, my youtube page reloaded as I opened it. The tears came harder as I saw the amount of money, the swarm of people who watched my fired video is watching my old videos... I couldn't believe it. I wiped my eyes and brought up my email account.

'JAMES NICKSON.

James, I need you to get this figured out. I have the money to go back to court, I need to do it now. There's no later, it's hard on us both. He has no idea why he can't call me mom, I can't allow it because I don't know if it will last. I need you to find Kim. Or make the courts realize everything. I need answers.
Miss. CHAMBERS' send.

I slammed the screen shut and dried my eyes. Tom was going to be up any minute, I made a coffee and packed his diaper bag. By the time I had changed into suitable concert clothes, once I was ready I had milk poured up for tom as he started to wake. I have four missed messages from Billie. 'Tom just woke up, so I'm leaving soon'

'A car is on its way. You're getting the VIP treatment today! Lol' she said. I smiled and rolled my eyes. I grabbed Tom and went downstairs to wait, as I walked into the lobby a girl nearly ran to me. "Oh my god, your Gemma." She said and I nodded. "Can I get a photo with you?" I nodded. I sat Tom on the chair and put my arm around the girl. "Thank you so much!"

"No problem love, your actually the first person to ever recognize me."

"Really?" She asked and I nodded.

"Tag me in the photo and I'll follow you." I smiled.

"Thanks so much!" She said as I picked tom up. "Toms adorable by the way." She smiled.

"I know, thank you." I laughed as he hugged me. A black car pulled up and a guy walled in.

"Gemma?" He said.

"I gotta go, thanks for saying hi!" I smiled. I got in the car and tom was so excited, he had no idea what was in store tonight.