true story

I sat down in front of my camera and hit record, I chewed on my lip nervously. My phone rang so I grabbed it quickly.

"Hey."

"Hey." I smiled.

"What are you up to?"

"Sitting down to film a video."

"I'm sorry I can let you go."

"No! I need you." I laughed lightly.

"What's wrong?" She laughed.

"Apparently Kim found out about my youtube and she is telling people I stole Tom... so I think I'm going to just upload a video."

"That's a good idea."

"Really?" I questioned.

"Of course, if she's gonna be a bitch about it get your truth out there first."

"Thanks." I smiled as if she could see.

"I have an interview to do." She sighed. "I'll facetime you later?"

"Please." I nodded.

"Ok... bye."

"Bye." I smiled at the floor and took in a breath. "Hi guys. So it has been a minute." I played with my fingers as I explained what happened. As fast as I could I edited it and uploaded it without giving myself a chance to think. I heard Tom cry so I went into the room and he was having a nightmare.

"NO!" He cried.

"Shuu, baby wake up." I ran a hand through his hair as I took him in my arms. "Tom wake up, baby boy." His eyes shot open and he wrapped his arms around my neck. "You ok baby?" He hugged me tightly and nodded. I got him dressed and he wouldn't let me go, I put him in his car seat and he fell to sleep on the drive to the grocery store but I didn't mind. My mind was racing about the video I posted, since my, I got fired video my youtube blew up I'm almost at one million subscribers.

"mum." Tom mumbled as I put him in the cart.

"Yes buddy?" I smiled, hearing him call me mom made everything so much better.

"Yeye?" He asked.

"You miss Billie?" I asked and he nodded.

"Excuse me." I hear behind me, I turn to see a girl about 14 with a big smile on her face.

"Hi." I smiled back.

"Are you Gemma?" I nodded.

"That's me." I said feeling nervous.

"Oh my god, can I get a photo with you?"

"Of course!" we took a photo and I hugged her.

"Thank you so much! By the way, you uploaded your video when we were on our way here so I used all my data to watch it." She laughed.

"What!" I laughed.

"It was amazing and totally worth it! I'm so happy for you and Tom." She smiled.

"Noel!" I'm guessing her mom yelled.

"Tag me in the photo and I'll follow you back!" I smiled, she hugged me again and went back to her mom who looked annoyed. My phone started to vibrate in my pocket and I sighed. "Hello?" 

"Hey-" I pulled the phone from my ear to look at the number.

"Why are you calling me?"

"Good to hear from you too."

"Charlie, what do you want? I'm pretty sure you made it clear that I chose Tom over you." I rolled my eyes.

"Can you give me a damn chance to say I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?" I laughed lightly.

"Mum." Tom said grabbing my free hand that was pushing the cart.

"What baby?" I asked.

"Hum." He said pointing to ice cream cones.

"Ok buddy." I grabbed them and realized I was still on the phone. "Ok, anyways." I said.

"I saw your video."

"Oh," I mumbled.

"I thought you were in court because of Billie."

"Who?" I questioned.

"Billie, ya know. Blue hair dresses stupid-"

"She doesn't dress stupid," I said loudly.

"So it's true?"

"What's true Charlie?"

"You're a crazy fan."

"What?" I mumbled.

"I saw the photo."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"TMZ posted-" My phone vibrated, It was Billie.

"I got a beep," I said pressing answer. "Hey."

"Um, so... there's an issue."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, someone took a photo the other day when you dropped me off at the airport... and it looks bad."

"What?"

"It looks like... the security guard is trying to keep you away from me-"

"Like I'm a crazy fan."

"Yea..."

"Great."

"Why can't people know we're friends?" She asked.

"She's only hanging out with Billie for fame," I said already hearing the hate comments.

"But your not."

"Try telling everyone else that."

"Who gives a shit what everyone else says's, you're my friend."

"Girlfriend." I corrected and she giggled lightly.

"Yes, that's a type of friend is it not? as far as anyone will know we're just friends. Everyone thinks I'm straight, and no one thinks you gay so." I could picture her shrugging.

"Ok, and how are we going to go about telling people?"

"God you overthink too much, you should be a manager." She laughed.

"Ya ya ya." I smiled.

"Ok." she laughed.

"We took that really cute photo together, I can just post it?"

"Ok." I nodded trying to think of what photo she was talking about.

"You're scared."

"Yea." I laughed.

"It's ok babe, I promise." My stomach dropped at the pet name. I couldn't help but smile.

"I trust you."

"Remember that then."

"Ok, I will."

"I have to go now... I'll call you tonight?"

"Ok."

"Bye." I pressed end and smiled as I finished the shopping.  When I pulled in the driveway my phone buzzed 'billieilish tagged you in a post!'