Apart

Once we got back from the show Billie stayed in my room again, we didn't talk about the kiss for the rest of the evening. I was confused, to say the least. "He is out like a light," I said closing the door behind me, after seeing the couch made into a bed Tom demanded to sleep there tonight.

"I'm leaving tomorrow," Billie said as I got into bed with her.

"I know." I nodded. I laid down and turned my back to her, again it was hot I should have opened the window.

"Ok, Gemma stop with this bull shit." I turned to look at her.

"What?"

"Gee, I'm not stupid ok. If you didn't like me why did you kiss back?" I sat up and looked at her. She crossed her arms and she looked adorable.

"Billie... I..."

"No! I'm serious. I know I'm only young but I'm not into being fucked around, it had happened enough."

"Billie-"

"I actually like you. I know its been like two seconds but I really care about you and yo-" I put my lips to hers.

"Billie calm down. Can I get a word in edgewise?" She ran her hand through her hair and sighed.

"You're in a relationship aren't you."

"What?" I asked.

"You acted wired last night in bed and got weird when I kissed you, and after that phone call this morning you just been so off."

"Billie..." here goes nothing. "It was James. Who called."

"What didn't you tell me?" She asked.

"Billie I don't want to keep dragging you into this ok? This is my problem. Not yours, your seventeen, you have so much stress on you already."

"I don't care, dude, I have stress on me, yes but I also have people to talk to about it. I have my family and you think you can do this shit yourself but you can't Gemma. Unless you're in a relationship."

"I'm single Billie. Always have been probably always will be. But I'm fine ok, I don't need to drag you into this."

"Oh my god." She rolled her eyes. "Stop saying that ok, I want to be dragged into this. I want to be there for you and Tom. Ok, I young big fucking deal. I want to be there for you." I sighed, I was so frustrated."They found Kim! Tom's mom and she wants him back, she said that he was stolen from her. And I'm petrified he's going to get taken from me!"

"Gemma..." she said hugged me. "They're not going to take him." She said quietly.

"You don't know that." I shook my head.

"She hasn't been in his life, you have been."

"They could dig up my past! Billie, I can't lose him. I'm all he knows."

"What's in your past that would make them do that?"

"Billie..."

"I have seen past your tattoos Gee." My eyes started to burn. "I'm sorry." She said quietly. I didn't want this to come up, why couldn't this night just pass quietly. "Talk to me." I shook my head as I started to cry. Billie held me tightly and I just cried, I hated myself so much. The only hope I was holding onto was that I was never going to see her again, and she'll forget about me in a few weeks, if not days and I could go on like I didn't meet her... that's what I'll keep telling myself. My eye's shot open and I looked around, Billie raised an eyebrow at me.

"Sorry, I fell asleep."

"You talk in your sleep ya know?"

"What? No, I don't." I shook my head as I sat up she laughed lightly.

"Yes, you do. A lot actually."

"What do I say?" I questioned and she laughed.

"That's my secret to keep." She said.

"Billie come on."

"Nope." She smiled, I sighed as she looked towards me. "Kiss me and I might tell you." I raised an eyebrow and she smirked.

"Billie."

"You said you like me and your single so what's stopping you?"

"I don't know, maybe the fact that I'm embarrassed as hell about today and that fact that it's illegal."

"Well maybe, you shouldn't be embarrassed, and no one knows about us... this. It's only illegal if the cops find out-" She stopped for a second. "Actually, it's only illegal if my 'guardians' want to press charges. The last thing my mom cares about is who I'm kissing." She rolled her eyes.

"Billie..."

"I said I'm not saying anything." She crossed her arms.

"What are you two?" I asked and she looked away from me. I sighed and leaned forward and kissed her lightly. Nothing. I kissed her again slightly longer and she rolled her eyes and looked away again. I straddled her waist and put my hands on her face kissing her with all I had, with all I was willing to give her without completely giving in... I felt her hands on my thighs rubbing them lightly. she pulled me to her and then wrapped her arms around my waist tightly. after god knows how long I pulled away but her arms were still wrapped around me.

"Billie." I sighed. She smiled up at me, I rolled my eyes lightly. "Come on..." she loosened her grip lightly and I sat down on her lap. I looked at her waiting. "Tell me."

"I said maybe, I decided not too."

"Billie!" I sighed, she laughed and kissed me again.