Chapter 14: Night terror and Confusion

A/N I am really pushing it the doc I'm writing on has over 7,385 words. Like bloody hell mates.

Spring POV

I woke up to screaming, I ran into Plushies room and knelt by the bed "Shh, Plushie calm down. Relax. Your safe, he can't hurt you. Your safe, I'm safe, nobody is ever going to hurt us again" I comforted. He gripped my nightshirt tightly, sobbing. I wrapped my arms around the Kit, kissing his head, rocking him back and forth.

I look at the clock and realize why I'm so tired. I had only gotten an hour of sleep before Plushie woke. I calmed him down enough that he wasn't sobbing "How about we go back to sleep? But, you can sleep in my bed. Sounds like a plan Plush?" I asked, and he nodded. I hoisted him onto my hip, carrying him to my room. I carefully laid him on one side of the bed, tucking him in and getting in on my side. I tried not to do this too often because he does need to sleep in his own room, but sometimes one of us has a night terror bad enough we need the other. I've woken Plushie up in the middle of the night before, shaking, and he had to stay in my room because I was so terrified he would be hurt.

We went to sleep once again, and as soon as I woke up I turned off my alarm to let Plushie sleep in since he needed it. I went and took my shower, brushed my hair and put the signature tie in it, then took my meds. Nasty little things. I walked back in my room, pulling on my vest, and shoes. I looked at my clock and saw I had time to spare before Plush had to get up, so I grabbed my Phone and sent Gold a picture of me looking tired, to which he sent one in return. Except he was still in bed.

Goldilocks- Morning to you too Rapunzel.

Rapunzel- Sorry if i woke you Gold

Goldilocks- Never fret, I was already awake. You sleep well?

Rapunzel- Plush had a bad dream so I missed about an hour of sleep. It happens.

Goldilocks- Sorry. I'll bring you some Starbucks?

Rapunzel- That actually sounds great.

Goldilocks- How do you like em?

Rapunzel- As dark and cold as my soul.

Goldilocks- Full of cream and sugar, burning hot, got it

Rapunzel- Lol, but na, caramel frappe, with extra whipped cream. I can pay you back

Goldilocks- No need. Consider it a token of my gratitude for yesterday.

Rapunzel- Anytime ;) Gtg, need to get Plush ready for school.

Goldilocks- See ya in the courtyard then.

Rapunzel- Til then my dear

I woke Plushie up, and he rubbed his eyes, before slowly climbing out of bed. "School?" He mumbled, and I nodded. He smiled and grabbed his clothes. Once he put what he could on, I helped with the rest. We headed downstairs and I gave him some pancakes we had left over from the day before. Once I finished my pancakes I rinsed our plates and brushed Plushie's hair. Then we headed to the bathroom to brush our teeth. "What car you want today?" I asked as I spit out the toothpaste. "Camaro?" He asked as he spit his toothpaste out as well. "Camero it is." We headed back to the main room, and I helped him with his backpack, pulling mine on as well.

We headed out to the garage, and drove to school in the Camaro. I walked him inside, then headed to my school.

-When he gets there-

I walk in the courtyard and Gold walks over and hands me a large coffee, taking a drink of his own. I smiled and ruffled his hair "Thanks Goldilocks, this should keep me from dying of sleep deprivation." And with that i took a drink. I will never get over how good Coffee is. We walked over to the Fazgang and my squad. "You two done flirting?" Vixen snickered to herself, but Freddy looked annoyed as hell. "I do not flirt, but voice opinions and emotion beyond our earthly bodies" I reasoned. Chi facepalmed and Chica giggled a bit. Freddy scowled, and Frederick asked "Plush?" I nodded in response.

"I didn't ask what it was about this time, but I could tell it was bad. He had to stay in my room the rest of the night" I explained, and Freddy's eyes widened. "Your a great brother dude" Chi said as she ruffled my hair "I try. But it's not easy. Especially when you can barely take care of yourself. Also, I brought the Camaro today." "Dibs on sitting by Plushie!" Frederick shouted, surprising the Fazgang, making all of us laugh. Except Frederick, he just turned red and hid his face. "Vix, your sitting up front with me today." "Damn" she replied. They ADORED my brother.

"Do we ever get to meet your brother?" Chica asked. "Maybe someday." I told them. "Wait, you were texting my brother?" Freddy was back to glaring. "Mmm, the sweet sound of hatred. We exchanged numbers when we became buddies remember?" He slowly nodded and sat down on a windowsill. I took a large drink of coffee, and Clyde chanted "Chug, Chug, Chug" followed by Chi smacking his arm gently.

"I only chug water sir. Besides, this has to last me until my brain cells come back online." I joked, and Frederick chuckled. I noticed Gold sitting alone, so I walked over and lifted myself onto the windowsill beside him. "Whatcha listening to?" He looked over and handed me an earbud. I hesitantly put it in my ear, and smiled. He was playing Hamilton. So we sat there listening to Hamilton as the kids flooded the courtyard.

It was… peaceful. It had been a long time since I felt this calm. I hadn't realized my head resting against Gold at first, but he made no movement to get me off. I'll admit, its nice to relax every once in a while. Then we heard the bell ring. I smiled and handed him his earbud back, him putting away his phone. Then I helped him down, since this was the windowsill that was higher up.

Wait. No. Bad Spring. I'm getting attached. Stay focused Spring. You have your friends and your brother. You DON'T need anything else. But why was he so intriguing? We never used to talk, so why now? I'm so confused. I'll ask the others about it later. ALONE. I don't want the Fazgang to know too much about us. Things could be… Catastrophic.

We all walked to the gym. Which was uneventful.

-skippity skips to Free period blergh-

I was sitting with just my squad. "You wanted to talk Spring?" Chi questioned. "I'm… confused. I'm getting attached to Gold. I keep letting him in more and more, and that terrifies me. If they find out anything… Bad things could happen…" I was bouncing my leg anxiously, and the others could tell. "Your not the only one. Earlier this week I slipped up with Freddy a little bit. And he knows my shoulder was hurt." Frederick whispered. "Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one! I accidentally slipped up and told Chica some things. Mostly anonymous but it was more than I would have normally shared. Its just so easy to communicate with them!" Chi said as she scratched at the wooden table.

"I think we're all getting a bit too friendly. They could find something out… it's just… they are soooo easy to talk to!" Mangle whined, her tail tucking. Suddenly Bonnie walked over "Sorry to interrupt, But err, Freddy was wondering if he could talk to Spring for a few minutes…" Bonnie seemed uncomfortable. Meanwhile the others had on their fake smiles, and I kept my poker face. "I'll be back in a few." I said with fake calmness and walked over to Freddy.

I was good at taking being calm. "Hey Freddy, ya need something?" I asked, but wanted desperately to to back to my group. "Just wanted to talk. Frederick and the others keep telling me to give you a chance. That your not bad. So I want you to prove that to me." He explained. "I don't quite understand." I said flatly. He sighed "I try to keep my friends safe. My brother too. I have people I need to look out for. So I need to know if one of them is hanging out with someone hazardous"

"I… get what you mean. Guess one thing we can agree on is that our friends and brothers safety is most important to us. That's… why I can't tell you about us. It's safer when people aren't involved. And if you do try to involve yourselves… It may not be pretty. I'm not threatening you. Not at all. I just… I have people I NEED to protect. Surely you understand" After I informed him of that, I left back to my squad. I leaned my head on Clyde, who pet my head. Wonders of life.

A/N

weird chapter? Yes.

Spring not understanding his emotion? Hell yeah

Freddy being an ass? Damn straight.

Hotel? Trivago.