Chapter 2

I woke up breathing heavily again, sitting on the uncomfortable hospital chair in Camila's room. I sighed again as I lifted my head from her bed. I guess I had fallen asleep. This is the same nightmare that comes to me every time I fall asleep. It was what happened two nights ago, after I proposed to her.

I was still holding her soft hand. I lifted it up to my face and kissed it softly, my lips lingering on her skin. I placed it back down on the bed beside her and leaned back in the chair and stretched. I ran my hand through my hair and sighed.

I got released from the hospital two days ago while she was still in a coma. The walls felt like they were closing on me as I sat in silence praying that she wakes up soon. Her parents aren't here yet because they didn't come to Los Angeles with us. I looked down at her left hand, but the ring was absent from her finger. I stood up and paced the room back and forth when the doctor walked into the room. I stopped and looked at him.

"Ms. Jauregui, how are you feeling?" he asked. He was my doctor too when I was here.

"I'm fine, how is she?" I asked with desperation in my voice. I ran my hand through her hair and looked back up at the doctor.

"Nothing has changed." He told me and I felt the tears burning my eyes.

"Oh…" I said and sat down and rested my head in my hands. God this is so fucked up!

"But, there is still slight brain activity. That is a very good sign." I looked up at him and smiled half heartedly. I wish she would just wake up already.

"How long does it take for them to wake up?" I asked nervous to what the answer was.

"It can be any length of time. A week to a couple years…" And there goes my heart again, the only whole part I had is now in pieces like the others. "I'll be back to check on her soon…" he said and turned to the door. "Lauren, be strong. All we can do is pray." I nodded and he walked out the door. Visiting hours were almost over and I would have to leave soon. I rested my head down on her stomach and let a few tears slip.

Her parents would be here tomorrow and then I wouldn't be quite so alone. Another half hour passed and an announcement was made over the intercom that visiting hours were now over and all relatives and loved ones should make their way to their cars. I stood up and looked over her body, her perfect body. I leaned down and kissed her gently on the lips and ran my hand down her side. God I just want her back. Her gorgeous smile and her shining eyes.

"I love you Camz, please wake up soon." I told her in a whisper and walked out of the room glancing back one last time to see her beautiful figure.