Chapter 10

"Camila, are you ready to go sweetie?" Sinuhe asked her daughter as they were ready to leave for the airport. Camila had been adjusting well to everything. Though she was still forgetful and had almost a constant headache. It was time now for them to return home.

Camila was going to spend the time at home at her parent's house, and not in the house that she and Lauren had bought. Sinuhe was on Lauren's side, she wanted Camila to remember, but was not going to push the issue just now. She wanted Camila to heal and become comfortable before trying to push her back with Lauren. Though deep in her heart, she knew that Lauren was the one for her.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a minute." Camila yelled from the other room. Lauren left to return home two days ago, but they had decided that it would be best for her to come home with her family. Camila had been spending a lot of time with Sofi, like old times when they were younger. Even though she seemed happy, the happiest that Sinuhe had ever seen her was when she was with Lauren. But, sadly Camila didn't remember that.

"Hurry up sweetie, the plane is going to leave without us." Sinuhe explained and stood by the door. Her husband was already in the car waiting downstairs. Sinuhe was lost in thought, when Sofi entered the room. She stood in front of her petite mother.

"Where is she?" Sofi asked and waited for a response. She didn't answer and just pointed towards the bathroom. She nodded and walked in after her. A few seconds later, Camila was laughing uncontrollabbly, screaming and hitting Sofi playfully as Sofi pushed while poking her side to the door of the room.

Sinuhe couldn't help but picture Lauren in Sofi's place handling her older daughter. They were so in love, that it hurt Sinuhe to see them apart. She walked into the bathroom and gathered all of Camila's remaining items before checking the room one last time and walking down to the car.

"Alright, I think we're ready to go." Alejandro said as he looked back at his two grown children before backing out of the space and pulling out onto the busy road. The ride to the airport was a quiet one.

They pulled into the rental car return place after about 20 minutes. Alejandro and Sinuhe went into the shop while Sofi and Camila waited with the luggage.

"Kaki, you really don't remember her?" Sofi asked out of no where. Camila was confused and didn't know what she was talking about.

"What?" she asked and looked at her sister with scrunched eyebrows. "Who are you talking about?"

"Lauren… the girl from the hospital...your girlfriend... or should i say fiance .. " Camila looked at the ground and shook her head no. Everyone had been pushing that she knew her and loved her, but Camila didn't even recognize her. Why were they all trying to get her to remember this random girl, what did she have to do with anything in her life. If she was that important to her, why the hell did she disappear from her memory?

"For the last time, NO! No Sofi I don't remember her… will you all just drop the subject! She is just some random girl that showed up at the hospital and nothing more damn it!" she stomped her foot on the ground and walked away. She was tired of people bringing her up. Lauren this, Lauren that. She didn't know why either, except for the fact that she was really hot, but she wasn't going to admit that to anyone.

She opened her phone and looked down to see a picture of her and the girl in question smiling. She realized this was the first time that she opened her phone since her accident. "Not possible…" she whispered. How did this get on here? She opened the rest of her pictures on her phone and almost ever single one contained the girl in it. She was always kissing her or had her arm around her. No, this isn't happening. She closed her phone back up and threw it on the ground and sat down on a bench.

"Camila, sweetie what's wrong?" Sinuhe came around the corner and saw her daughter and the broken phone in front of her on the ground. She sat next to her daughter and rubbed her back calmly.

"The girl… I feel like I should know her but I don't. Why do you all keep trying to make me do something that I can't do? I don't know her!" She poured out as a couple tears fell down her golden cheeks, the mascara running too.

"Camila, don't worry about it sweetie." She said comforting her daughter. She wasn't going to push the topic, but she knew that Sofi was going to, Sofi loved them together. She was totally for them, and when Sinuhe and Alejandro told her that Lauren was going to propose to her, she was ecstatic.

"But mami, why does everyone keep bringing her up?" Camila would never understand because Lauren to her right now was just a complete stranger. The memories of her were wiped away so the deep feeling that she did have for her weren't present now.

"Camila, please forget it, I told Sofi not to bring it up anymore until you are ready to talk about it." Sinuhe informed her daughter and stood up offering Camila a hand to help her get up. She took it gratefully and then pulled her into a comforting hug. "Now let's just get to the plane so that we don't get stranded here, that's the last thing we want to do."

With that Camila smiled and walked with her mother back to where Sofi and her father were standing with the luggage. Sofi looked at her apologetically and walked over to her. "I'm sorry Kaks; I won't say anything again alright. It just bothers me…" she trailed off and looked down at the ground. Camila smiled a little and pulled her sister into a hug.

"It’s okay Sofi." She said against her head and she squeezed her tight causing her to squeal and her parents so laugh. She let go and they made their way into the terminal where they checked in their luggage and then went to the gate to wait for the plane to arrive.