Chapter 15

Camila eyes met Lauren's and she stopped dead in her tracks. Her breath got caught in her throat as she looked over her flawless body leaning against the shiny black of the car. Lauren was wearing a simple white t-shirt,a pair of dark ripped skinny jeans, with gray beanie and a black converse.

Camila met her eyes again, they were dark. It was almost as if there was a fire burning her up from the inside. It was slowly eating away all that she was. Little did Camila know, she was the oxygen feeding this fire inside of Lauren.

She felt her body taking steps forward, but didn't break the stare that was connecting the two. The sun was radiating off of her golden skin as she walked slowly towards the black car.

Lauren was pleading with her eyes to let her in. But Camila was rejecting her, breaking her even further than she already was.

Camila broke the connection between them and stepped towards the door, opening it and climbing into the back seat and shutting the door.

"Mila, what was that?" Normani whispered into her ears quietly as Camila watched Lauren walk around the front of the car towards the driver's seat. Camila looked away and let out a breath that she didn't know she was holding.

"I don't know Mani." She buckled her seat belt and sat back, avoiding looking at the god-like figure in the driver's seat.

When Lauren got in the car, a whiff of vanilla essence filled Camila nose and she closed her eyes taking it all in. Her body felt an unbelievably strong tension between Lauren and herself. There was a sort of magnetic force pulling Camila to her, but Camila was not going to give in. This person was not going to control her life. She was her own person, and would not succumb to her.

Finally, after an almost silent car ride between the group of 5 people, Lauren pulled into a parking space in front of Miami High. The rushing fountain out front was flowing swiftly below the giant cherry red letter ‘M’. They all got out of the car and made their way towards the entrance to the school. Lauren took a deep breathe and unlocked the door with her uncle's set of keys. Since her uncle was the principle, he had a set of keys that would allow them to go anywhere in the school.

Lauren pulled back the glass door and held it open for everyone including Camila. Lauren looked up at her as she passed through the door, but Camila looked away just as fast as the connection was made. Lauren sighed and followed the gang inside.

They wandered through the silent halls, passing each dark classroom without a word. The only sounds that could be heard were the muffled footsteps of the young people. They had just made their way into the science portion of the building when the first words were spoken.

"Camila, does this room look familiar? This was our science lab in senior year, and where we met for the science decathlon." Camila stepped into the room and slowly walked around searching her brain for any recollection of this place. She lightly drew her fingers over the desks as she made her way to the lab tables. She took in the aroma of the room, but nothing was ringing a bell. Camila turned and bit her lip as she faced her friends.

"I'm sorry, but none of this looks familiar. It's like I've never been here before." She sat down at one of the desks and let her head fall into her hands. Lauren walked over to Dinah and quietly whispered to her so that no one else could hear what she was saying. They both looked over at Camila at the same time, and Lauren sat on the teacher's desk.